Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago, I had my hand on my tummy while the baby was moving around and felt the most incredible thing. He pushed his arm and hand into my hand. I could literally feel the shape of his arm and bone from his elbow to his wrist and then his fist. It was an amazing moment. Now I want to feel it again so much. I keep putting my hand on my belly when he's moving around, even if it means taking a hand off of one of my other children, in the hopes that he'll press his arm against the exterior of my tummy again, but all I ever feel are light punches and kicks. Not the long pressure of two days ago. And then if I took a hand off of one of my other children just to feel kicks and punches, I start feeling bad for taking my hand away from one of my other children to feel the baby. I need to just enjoy the sensation of the other day instead of wanting more or something.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Aww.
Sometimes I think I have felt her back, elbow, or knee, but it's hard to tell since I've got "extra padding". I have definitely felt her feet (through the skin) when she kicks sometimes, especially on my sides. It's the coolest thing.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That is so awesome!! I feel a ton of movement but I am not good at figuring out what body parts I am feeling. It would be so neat to feel something that clearly.

I don't think you should feel bad at all. You are just getting to know this new baby..

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I got a foot like that the other night - it was amazing! I don't think you should feel bad at all. You should be "allowed" to enjoy this pg like you have your others.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I just felt this last night- I'm not sure if it was an arm or a leg because I didn't feel a hand or foot, and the baby is in a really strange position right now so I can't tell which end is up- but I hand my hand right on my belly when the baby rolled around and I definitely felt a knee/elbow and then arm/let after it.

With my DS, he was so active, that we could see arms, legs, hands and feet when he moved around.

·
Registered
146 Posts
OOOO! So much fun.
I love feeling the baby move. I enjoy the kicks/bumps, but my favorite is when the baby rolls around and shifts and you can see your whole stomach move and change shape. I carry all-belly, so it's very easy to see and feel the movements from the outside. And now is the stage where the baby is big enough and moving enough that it's really cool.

If oyu feel bad for stopping what you are doing with the other kids to feel your belly, maybe you could let them feel too? My daughter is almost 2 and LOVES to feel the baby. Even if "feeling" means only putting her hand on me. She's only gotten to feel a kick once or twice but she just loves to touch the "baby" anyway.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yesterday morning, my daughter asked me if the baby was moving when I took my hand off her back to try to move the baby a bit (he was kicking me in the ribs). I thought then that I should say he's moving when I go to feel him. Both of my children have felt him move, but I know they'd like to have more of a connection to him. You all have made me feel better about wanting to feel him so much. And I'm encouraged to continue trying to have one of those moments when I know what I am feeling rather than just a bump by some of you having one of those awesome moments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.