Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm 42weeks and 2days. i've been going in for NST on a regular basis (3 times in the past week and a half). they saw me today, after having seen me on tuesday, and the baby's baseline heart rate went from 140-5 to 115-20. they said it's within normal range, but that they want to keep a close eye on us now. so i have to go back tomorrow, but this time it'll be to L&D, since the antenatal testing center is closed on the weekends. i'm afraid they'll want to keep me, though.<br><br>
anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? of course i don't want to jeopardize my baby's health, but i also odn't want them to scare me with something that might be fairly normal. i just don't know.<br><br>
i'm so frustrated, i feel like i've done everything. i'm thinking about doing the castor oil, but i've read here that it can cause the baby to pass meconium, and that scares me too.<br><br>
the chinese medicine doctor i'm seeing (i've been getting daily accupuncture to try to get things going) says my energy is low and my pulse is weak, most likely due to lack of protein. so she gave me some disgusting brews to drink, and told me to eat 2-3 protein servings at every meal. so i'm working on that as well.<br><br>
thanks for reading, if you got this far. i guess i just need to vent today. ugh!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I don't have any advice, I just want to say that I've been there (as "late" as you are), and I feel for you. It's frustrating... I tried everything, too, including the castor oil (which I don't think I would do again). I found the non-stress tests to be very stressful for *me*. I took my best friend or my husband along with me, and they rubbed my feet and told me jokes. Just gather as much love and support as you can get right now, because you deserve it! Waiting for the baby is hard...<br><br>
Kristine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts