Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what else to do to it, but this is the start.

Well, we finally got the crib and changing table so we are starting on the room. So far we don't have much in there that is staying.

This is crib and changing table
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nesroom008.jpg

This is the diaper caddy full of the diapers my friend made.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nesroom010.jpg

This is just some of the decorations we have on top of the changing table but will go up on a shelf as soon as Allen finds a cherry wood one. And well as soon as we get orders and we are sure we are staying here, we dont' want to put holes in the walls if we are moving in 6 months.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nesroom014.jpg

This is the pack n play that Allen HAD TO HAVE, that will go in my room as the bassinet and the free swing we got will go down stairs.
The blue tub is toys I have to go through and hopefully get a toy box for. All free stuff from my friend.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nesroom005.jpg

we are also hoping to get a glider and a futon for the room. We are actually looking for the futon today. Someone is selling one that looks exactly like Vincents for 50 bucks, the only difference is it is a tan wood not the Cherry, but Vinny's is the Cherry wood so we can always switch out frames and he can have the lighter color in his room.

·
Registered
786 Posts
It looks great!!! Are you planning on having the walls painted or something? We have some big removable-stickers (I'm blanking out on the name right now) and they are very nice

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuau View Post
It looks great!!! Are you planning on having the walls painted or something? We have some big removable-stickers (I'm blanking out on the name right now) and they are very nice
No wall painting
We living in military housing and 1 we dont' know if we will be transfered any time soon and 2 even if we were staying we still can't paint.

·
Registered
786 Posts
You can do then those wall stickers. Just go to lowes or homedepot and look in the wall paper section. They have very cute ones.

We also had a baby hat mounted into a shadow box, it looks very cute.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I think wall stickers would be very, very cute. I like the furniture too. My husband is named Allen...

Okay, random thoughts aside.... You could look for a sports themed rug- check out target (not in the nursery section- in the kids bedding) they have a lot of sports things, bins/buckets, decorations that are sports.

Also you could put up pictures when you find out that you are not moving. That would look nice. Maybe pennants? That would be inexpensive and not damage the wall too much. You could also cut out letters from felt/material/wood that are blocked like the back of a jersey- or letters like what would be on a jersey- maybe his birthday once he gets here? Or just 01, 02, 03, etc... You could paint them any color you wanted and put them on the wall or as decoration on the furniture.

Just some little ideas- hard to not really know your space. But I think it's really cute. I love cherry wood. We're not getting cherry because what we have we already own. :-( Oh well, less to buy!!!
:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the idea of numbers like a jersey. maybe I will make him 06 he should be born in June, but he is also number 6 in our family. hmmm getting letters for his name and number and painting them could be a good project this week for my step son who is home for spring break and driving m nuts with his "I'm bored". LOL

The pennants we could do with double sided tape even.

Oh and we got the futon, it is a lighter color, but I am going to call my son who is at his dads todays and see if he will trade frames with me. His futon frame is cherry wood and everything else in his room is black. So he shouldn't care and we can paint his frame, but I woudl rather not paint the baby's

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Unfortunately I have no suggestions other than the wall stickers...I'm renting, so can't do much in the way of painting either...just some plain, normal colors.

But your stuff is sooo cute

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.