Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone babysit and homeschool. does this work well?I am hs one child and thought I could babysit to make extra $

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
I met a lady at the playground that had a home daycare (a single mom) and was homeschooling her own son. She was so sweet, she even had a sling for the baby that she watched.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In July I will start babysitting a 3yo every Friday and two Thursdays a month. I'm sure it will work out great and my 4yo dd is excited.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I started a school age childcare in my home this past Jan. I only watch children 5 and older, so they only come before and after school. It worked out really well this past spring. I had time during the day to homeschool, clean, go on field trips, etc and then the kids played all afternoon w/the daycare kids.<br><br>
I'm kind of glad that I am only watching 2 children this summer on a very part-time basis(their mom works on call) because it would be really hard to watch kids all day long. I'm planning to advertise for more kids as it gets closer to school starting again.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I know a couple of moms doing this here in town. One is babysitting babies (a set of twins), the other does school age kids like Fieryfly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you ...someone else told me they would never babysit while hs since your attention would be divided

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
I don't see what the difference would be between babysitting while homeschooling and having younger kids of your own. Either way your attention is going to be divided between the kids. But they'll still all get more attention than they would in school.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts