Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've read about the moby being great for newborns but I can tell from looking at it, that i'll be frustrated with that much fabric and wrap arounds. and dh would certainly not do it! I'm looking for smthg dh and i can easily don and wear baby aroound the house and for running errands. i am a new mama and totally clueless about the slings and wrap brands out there.. so any advice greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
I am a total spaz and honestly, I just liked a simple pouch sling best. I really loved my Hotsling (bought used for $25), and I also had a second hand New Native I got here on MDC for $10. The one important thing is that for the first month or so, you need to be careful that their chin doesn't get compressed into their chest.<br>
You'll hear a lot of mamas on this board swearing by ring slings for newborns. I always found it sort of hard to adjust them properly -- a pouch sling was easier for me. I tried the Moby but I did find it kind of a pain to get into. Some people swear by it.<br>
I think that either Mei Tais or soft structured carriers like Ergos are terrific when the babe is a little older.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I loved my pouch sling for when DD was tiny, soooo easy to use. I had a new native & a fleece karma baby.<br><br>
they are sized though so if you & your DH are different sizes you'll have to get 2. Or if you are close enough in size you could get an adjustable one like this <a href="http://www.kangarookorner.com/c-8-adjustable-pouches.aspx" target="_blank">http://www.kangarookorner.com/c-8-ad...e-pouches.aspx</a><br>
I used to work at a baby shop that sold them & they were very popular

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think a ringsling would be a good choice for you, as well. It's a little more adjustable than a pouch (you and your hubby could use it) and they're easy to use.<br><br>
Is there a babywearing group near you? If so, you could try out different styles of carriers to see what you like.<br><br>
Wraps do have quite a learning curve, but personally they're my favorite based on versatility and comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts