Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, it should be in different subforum, BUT
I am really confused!!!!!!!!!!
I need someone to actually SHOW me a CD and difference between all the brands and every little thing that comes with it!
I don't like the fact I can't find it in a regular store and it's only available online.... I'd like to see CD with my own eyes before buying it!
I've been using Gerber in the past but it didn't work out well...
Any suggestion?
I live in Queens and if you live in surrounding area and wouldn't mind showing me these things that would be really nice!
Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm in manhattan, but am in FL for the winter. I won't be back until May, but will gladdly show you our stash. I use organic little beetle one's w/ organic wool covers. I can also show you our infant prefolds as well as some other WAHM covers and fitteds. If you're still interested in May, PM me.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I know what you mean; it was very intimidating to me at first too, that I couldn't see it in person!

There might be a NINO group near you, for the babywearing: http://www.nineinnineout.org/localgroups.htm Or if you go to LLL, there's usually at least a few moms there who use some kind of carriers. You may not get the full spectrum but you'll probably find something!

If you already have the Gerbers, you might want to get some pockets and you can stuff them with those. They're not too bad for stuffing. And that saves a little money. I also suggest buying just one of something to try, rather than getting a whole system at once. Try getting used stuff on ebay.

http://www.realdiaperassociation.org has groups too, if you don't manage to get together, though it doesn't sound like any of the new york groups are near you. And diaperpin.com's directory is searchable by location. Most sellers probably don't have a storefront per se, but you may be able to contact them to come visit and purchase.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.