Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello more experienced Mamas.

I'm a SAH mother with my about to be 13 month son. When he was an infant, I wore him either using a Boba wrap or a Sakura ring sling. As he got older, we switched to exclusively carrying him in an Ergo carrier, and this summer, I began wearing him on my back in the Ergo. Now that I'm 13 weeks pregnant with Little Sib, the Ergo is not working for me, either for the front or the back carry.

We have a greyhound who is also home with us all day, and we enjoy taking long walks either in the city or drive to a park for a hike. I wear my son mostly out these days, although if he's in a snit I always like the option of wearing him around the house. He's fully mobile and gets opinionated if he's in the carrier for too long, but I like the simplicity of wearing him.

I feel he's too flingy for the ring sling, too big for the Boba, and the Ergo either hits me on the belly painfully or he's sitting on Little Sib.

Have any Mamas had success wearing older kids while pregnant before? Did you use a wrap or a carrier? Do I need to just give up and start using the bulky stroller for our walks and save wearing for when Papa's around?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I would say to go with what feels best to you. If you're comfortable while babywearing, don't get too tired carrying the extra weight, get backaches, get that pulling sensation in your belly muscles, etc., then go ahead. If you do, pull out the stroller. I would probably have both with me just in case. I'd try babywearing for a while and then have the stroller as a back up. :) At least for the time being there isn't as big a belly in the way :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you are on Facebook join baby wearing 102. Those mommas wear their babies all the way through and can give you lots of tips on staying comfortable. I think the standard is to wear above the bump in a high back carry. Basically buckle right under the boobs. I think this might be easier with a mei tai - but again the ladies there have all the answers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm still wearing my 14mo. I switched back to a ring sling, but sling her far back on my hip, almost all the way on my back. It's cinched pretty tight, so she can't flop out. Like you, I'm wearing in the house only when she's having a rough moment, most of the time, she's wanting to be independent. I also wear a lot when out of the house running errands.

I have some success with a back carry in a mei tai when we're out, but need a helper to get her up there. I tie the bottom tie under my bump.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm lost on this also. I've never been pregnant while having a toddler this young (17 months). He still wants to be worn a lot, but he doesn't like being on my back and front just isn't an option anymore. I do a lot of one handed cooking lately!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Yea I haven't been able to either. Especially since my toddler is so big. Hip carrying is all that is happening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts