Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an emergency c-section on Jan 29th and I'd really like to start wearing my baby as soon as I can. Does anyone have any tips, pointers or advice for C-section mamas? When can I start wearing the baby? Should I wait until my first PP appointment (in about a month?) Wait until the scar doesn't hurt? (It doesn't hurt). What type of carrier? I have a wrap and a couple of slings, and am buying a Beco soon.

Please, any advice is much appreciated!

· Registered
2,011 Posts
I had an emergency c-section with my 3rd baby. I think I started wearing her at about 2 weeks out (ring sling, tummy-to-tummy) and could only manage about 20-30 minutes at a time before I could really feel it on my incision. I just gradually worked up from there.

· Registered
145 Posts
I had a c section and could use the moby after about 2 weeks. My abdomen was still sore, but I would tie it a little higher. Since she was little then, it worked. Once I started wearing her, I think the Moby actually helped me recover faster, because it helped me sort of regain my posture.

· Registered
150 Posts
i have an ergo and started about 3 wks out. it actually felt good and supportive. i would cinch it tight and it felt comfortable. as long as you feel ok, go for it the more you move the better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.