Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I don't have one, but I have always seen them being worn on the back with the straps crossed in an X over the chest. Because the fabric is wider and can be spread out, you can avoid "bionic boob." But I guess it would still flatten your chest and whether or not that bothers you is personal preference.

Has anyone done rucksack-style with a Frankenkozy? I like rucksack and that's part of why I prefer a regular MT.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But how do I get baby onto my back ?

I tried last night, it ended up with both of us sweaty and frustrated, and her in the front.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
What I do is to first tie my baby on the front
Then I untie the top straps
Move my baby to my hip (watchin out for the top straps not to get all twisted)
Then I slowly move him to my back
Than I arrange the top straps over my shoulders hanging towards the front
And then I tie the MeiTai

I can NEVER put him on my back without tieying him on the front first...

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Good to know, I just ordered an OMT and would like to try a back carry with it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
On my Mei-Tai page I have step-by-step instructions for back carries:
http://www.thosemartins.com/bmt/backcarry.htm

I've got 3 different versions of the back carry on there. The straps are the same as the Frankenkozy straps, just a bit skinnier.

Basically, you tie it on your waist first, then bend way over as you move baby onto your back. Grab the carrier with one hand (holding baby with the other), sliding it down the edge to grab one shoulder strap, then switch hands to get the other strap. Once you have a strap in both hands, you can let go of the baby as you pull the carrier up really fast. (Still bending over). Then place the straps over your boobs or whereever and tighten and knot.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got her on my back, but had to put her back onto my front within about 5 minutes - it was very uncomfy

She seemed to sit way too low - she didn't feel like she was going to fall or anything, it was definately secure feeling, just not comfortable for me that way.

I'll go check out the pictures though - I likely screwed up somehow.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It felt like she was bopping her head between my shoulder blades.

I felt like my shoulders were being pulled back too much.

It felt like she was going to fall backwards (I know she wasn't, it was quite snug).

The straps on the wrap going across my chest felt really binding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.