Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds has slowly become more and more resistant to going pee in bowl/toilet/sink over the last few weeks. Until last week, though, we would catch the poos and at least that first morning torrent. Well, now he will have nothing to do with it. He has even mostly stopped telling me when he is wet.

So, back in diapers. And its so dang drafty and cold in our old house that maybe it is for the best, so now he has long pants on. But, I am still bummed about it.

And my 2 yo has had no less than two pees in his pants this moring! Sigh.

Oh well, at lest I am getting plenty of use out of my cute dipes.

· Registered
8,332 Posts
Oh how sad! Nathan goes through days where he resists more than others. I don't force the issue but I suggest often during those days. So if I KNOW he has to go I'll just close the bathroom door with us both inside and let him play around in there. Every five minutes I'll offer to put him on the toilet and often do so - by about the fourth offer he pees. Those are days where we may only catch a handful of pees but by the end of the week he's back "on track" and we'll be catching almost all of them again. Keep suggesting and keep at it. You've done a lot of hard work and I doubt he wants to be wet, more likely he'd just rather not be bothered! :LOL

· Registered
390 Posts
That is a bummer!! Keep at it though...sound like he might be at some other milestone in his life right now and can't be bothered with peeing in the potty

Good luck! You're doing a great job! And just think...every pee/poo you catch is one less diaper. Even one or two a day makes a difference!

Laura

· Registered
2,843 Posts
I hear ya! My babe is doing a similar thing. In fact, she is about to crawl, and I wondered if what I'd heard about babes on the verge of a milestone is true...they stop signalling. Because that's what has happened here too!

So what does one do in that situation? Just put diapers on them and keep on keepin on? The complicating factor is that DD HATES to have any garment put ON her, diapers, pants, shirts, whatever, so the whole changing peed pants or even diaper is a total PITA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.