Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dh has bad back, bulged discs in at least 2 places, maybe 3 (neck, mid, and low back, car accident 2.5 yrs ago).

Baby prefers being vertical doesn't care much for the sling I have, so I'm looking for new one.

It's so frustrating that it hurts him to carry the baby, he loves to so much, Any suggestions for ones that would be best on dh's back? Would he be better off carrying in arms?

BTW, did anyone watch the Discovery special on the Tsunami? They were interviewing a man from this primitive tribe that all survived the tsunami because their ancestral stories warned them to run for high ground when the ground shakes & sea pulls back. ANYWAY, the man they were interviewing had this piece of cloth about 3 inches wide across his forehead that fell to his low or mid back where a boy of about 2 was sitting on it. Fascinating. I'd love to see what they use for younger ones.

Was thinking I might try it. If they know how to survive tsunamis there's got to be some good knowledge in that group you know?

I thought those women carrying pots on their head were crazy but you know I tried carrying some heavy items that way (but balancing them with my hands) and it was great. I have back pain from same accident, but not as bad and the putting the weight in the center relieved the back ache I would get carrying it in front of me. You'd think it'd make, my neck especially, worse, it didn't at all.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
My husband and I get great back support with our Sutemi pack. DS feels so much lighter, and it is a vertical carrier, both in the front and as a backpack.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I would recommend a wrap, it would offer you the most versatility. There are so many carries you can do with it, that you and your husband are bound to find at least one that works for you.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, got the moby wrap and LOVE it. Reccomending it to everyone, even trying to get one of my friends who runs a gift shop in a hopsital to carry it. I even emailed the website and found out they have a plus-size available for the same price.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I agree with the wrap idea. Especially if the child is under 2. The Ergo is a great one too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts