Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The muscles running alongside my spine are extremly sore all the way from my neck (left side) down to the hip (my leg is pretty sore as well). I think I got it from bending too much, squatting and so forth while packing.
Any suggestions what to do? Herbs, rest positions, homeopathics etc...

Josefina.

· Registered
11 Posts
My first thought would be to get a masssage (I'm a massage therapist) and/or go to a chiropractor.
If this isn't possible then I would suggest stretching your legs and back.
You could start by sitting on the floor (with your legs out to either side) and reaching for each foot(one at a time). Then lay on your back and bring both knees to your chest then put your right ankle on your left thigh and pull your thigh to your chest and then do the other side. This stretch really helps when my hip hurts. You could also get on your hands and curl your back like a cat and then stretch the other way.

I'm sure there are many more great stretches and yoga moves but I can't think of any right now. Maybe someone else can?

You could try a hot bath in epsom salts (which are supposed to help remove muscular soreness), a heating pad (moist heat), or even an ice pack on the worst parts.

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.