Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had planned this to be a "my ex is TRYING to be a good dad" thread but when i thought about it i realized he's not really trying to be a good dad. *sigh* maybe someday!

So I finally found a daycare. *sigh* I remember now why I didn't want to put the boys in daycare. it is a nice daycare...I like it but its not the same.
I went to my work to get my availability changed and buy new work clothes (my other work clothes are maternity) I just love my job. they are all so nice. everyone said how they missed me
and can't wait for me to come back. and one of the managers said he could probably get some hours for this week for me if I wanted! (not really but have no choice)

stbx kept saying he got a bad vibe in there (when we toured it) but he couldn't say why...and then he said he just didn't like the idea of strangers taking care of *his* kids! well I don't either and i've been feeling really guilty about it lately so of course I wanted to bite his head off. I managed to restrain myself...I simply said "well I don't have a choice" then I called him to tell him i have to go back to my work in the morning to drop off my availability sheet and he had changed his voicemail...it now says (at least 2x) that he has 2 kids and they come first and thats why whoever it is that's calling needs to leave only ONE message and he'll get back to them etc.

so as it stands boys will be starting daycare on monday and I'll be starting work. *sigh*

the daycare is near my job so i'll be searching for an apartment in that area. wish me luck

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Good luck with apartment hunting mama!

I hope your x can grow some in the maturity department. I didn't think my x was capable of maturing at all, but he has really surprised me in the last couple months (I'm still cautiously optimistic) so maybe there is hope for your x.

I'm really glad you have the opportunity to work in a place where you feel like you belong! That counts for a lot.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Jami, that sounds frustrating with your ex...I'll be posting a similar rant about mine soon

As for not liking the daycare...could you keep looking? Or with the young ages of your two, have you considered in home care? There are a few AP mamas who do in home care so they can stay with their kids (I was one of them) and it was a good experience for everyone. If you or your ex has a bad vibe about the daycare, I'd keep looking...because your child can't tell you what really happens, and it's ALWAYS best to trust your instincts!!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jster
Jami, that sounds frustrating with your ex...I'll be posting a similar rant about mine soon

As for not liking the daycare...could you keep looking? Or with the young ages of your two, have you considered in home care? There are a few AP mamas who do in home care so they can stay with their kids (I was one of them) and it was a good experience for everyone. If you or your ex has a bad vibe about the daycare, I'd keep looking...because your child can't tell you what really happens, and it's ALWAYS best to trust your instincts!!
he told me after some digging that he liked the place he just didn't want strangers taking care of his kids. he's just being...well...I don't have a word for it. frustrating seems good haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.