Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a "back up" baby name in case your baby comes out not looking like the name you picked??? For BTDT, did you ever need to use your back up name? We have had Isla Hope picked out since I was 4months along, but this weekend dh was like. . .maybe we should have a backup, so now we are trying to come up with other names. Just wondering what the chances are that we'll need to use the back up??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've known several people that walked into the hospital with one name and walked out with another. So it's definitely a possibility. But I think of it more as getting to know your child and what their name is than having another random name to pick out of a hat, if that makes any sense. I've warned everyone that I've told our names that I can't guarantee that that's the name the baby will end up with. Especially since we're having a UC, we'll have plenty of time to get to know the baby and try several names if we need to.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well one of the names we are keeping in our back pocket is Ainsley. It's a name we have loved a long time and thought of it as Isla's sister's name. Well, we never really specified whether it was her older or younger sister, so it might just end up being the big sister's name. LOL dh said, what if we never have another girl?? I said we'd have to name a dog Isla or something.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I hope we don't feel like the name won't work, as both of our mother's have done sewing projects with the name included.
But I'm fairly certain that Aviendha will come out as an Aviendha. Especially since it feels like she reacts to it when we talk to her.
But that could just be me being crazy!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
With #4 we had Juliet LaVonne picked out. She was delivered at 2:30 am. We enjoyed her for several hours and then after nursing all 3 of us fell asleep. When Dh and I woke up later that morning we both looked at each other and knew that it wasn't the right name. We knew it was Sophia LaVonne. Fortunately because of the early birth time we hadn't called anyone yet.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
With DD#1 we didn't find out gender. We had a "set" boys name and a "set" girl's name, with a more girly-girl's name as back up. We didn't need it. Her name has fit her perfectly since birth and we both still really love it.

We found out gender this time around and have gotten used to calling the baby by the name we intend to give her. With DD#1 it was always "The Baby" in utero, and she got called that for the first few months of her life, it feels like.

So we've enjoyed the "bonding" with this baby due to being able to call her by a name instead of "The Baby."

·
Registered
557 Posts
With my oldest son, I went in with 5 names because I couldn't decide who he would be. He came home with none of those names. I actually found a name in the name book that the hospital had.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
In discussing names for DS2, we were throwing around three names. We had decided upon Colin. We spent all day during labor discussing if we should spell it Colin or Collin. The second I saw DS--before I even held him, I knew he was NOT Colin. I looked at DH and said, I think he is Max. He agreed. Before either of us even held him,(he was born via c-section) we knew he was Max.

·
Registered
557 Posts
In a friend of mine's birth video, her and her husband are calling the baby Sean through about 1/2 of it. All of a sudden there is a switch by both of them to Corbin. And Corbin is who he stayed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.