Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 21w and over the past week my back pain has gotten unbearable. I feel a lot of it has to do with sleep or lack thereof. I am a stomach sleeper and I am having a very difficult time sleeping on my left side and often spend most of the night on my back. I have a big body pillow but it really isn't doing much to relieve my pain. I have been using the heating pad every night this week and today Ibroke down and took two Tylenol. I need help b/c I'm in agony.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Have a healthy day!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Go see a chiropractor regularly! Since our centers of gravity are shifting tremendously due to the enlarging of our uteruses, our spines become misaligned. This will unfortunately only get worse during the third trimester...
Another alternative is getting a good mattress...

Good luck! I hope you find some relief!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by starlein26
Go see a chiropractor regularly! Since our centers of gravity are shifting tremendously due to the enlarging of our uteruses, our spines become misaligned. This will unfortunately only get worse during the third trimester...
Another alternative is getting a good mattress...

Good luck! I hope you find some relief!
:
Also get plenty of exercising and swimming is a great idea

Keri

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
You can try physical therapy - some excercise can relive the pain. Or if it is available in your area - try pre-natal yoga class. As alternative have you DH massage your back gently every night. Not much help (from my experience) but I love the back rub.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Ditto the chiropractor recommendation!!! I was in SOOOO much pain, then started seeing my wonderful chiro. I don't think I could have survived this pregnancy without her.

Also, don't stay on your left side! Swap between left and right sides. At this stage, you can still lay on your back ok, but try to get used to sleeping on left and right sides. I usually start the night on left side, then when I wake up to go pee, I switch to right side, then next pee I switch to left side, etc. I pee about 3 times during the night.
And of course put that body pillow between your legs and also tuck it under your tummy if needed (I've just started needing that the last 2 weeks or so, and I'm 23 weeks this week... 2nd preg).

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice...We have a new mattress, it is only a year old. The only place near me that has pre-natal yoga is my hospital and the classes don't start until Sept, which really stinks b/c I loved doing yoga pre-pg, but the place I went doesn't do pre-natal.

I am very hesitant about seeing a Chiro...the mere sound of a cracking knuckle makes me gag...I'd throw up with all the popping sounds in my back and neck.

I going for a massage tomorrow and if that helps I guess I'm going to have to suck up the expense of doing that.

I've done PT a few years ago when I herniated a disc in my neck, has anyone done it while PG? Is it mostly exercise as I had before with a little massage or vice versa? My poor DH keeps asking when it's his turn, he is so neglected! But being a good sport!

Thanks again!

Have a healthy evening!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.