Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Hey folks,
My son is now seven years old. Until the age of five, I was the one who did all the dental care. I took care of his teeth very cleanly, and his teeth were clean and tidy at that time.
He has been taking care of his teeth for a couple of years now. He used to brush his teeth every day, but recently I noticed bad breath for him. This bad breath may be due to his incorrect way of brushing and cleaning.
Because of this problem, all his friends started avoiding him. It hurts him a lot.
My sister suggested consulting a dentist to find a solution to this at the earliest.
Do we need to see a dentist immediately for bad breath? Or can I fix it by taking care of his teeth myself? What do you guys think would be better? Please share your valuable suggestions.
Thanks!"

·
Registered
316 Posts
If brushing and flossing don't clear it up take the child to a dentist. Why wouldn't you? It's a good idea to actually have someone look a your children's teeth at least once just to make sure everything is progressing normally. Children DO get cavities, infections, and even abscesses.

When I was a child my dentist didn't believe in working on baby teeth. I had a few cavities that were left alone and I developed two abscesses that rotted all the way down in to the tooth below the baby tooth. As an adult these two teeth were not healthy and were eventually extracted.

Some adults and children are prone to decay. So get the child's teeth examined.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts