Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really NEEDED to clean today. I mean disaster area, and I'm not a clean person. I needed to cook for this coming week.

Well, cooking got done... because it HAD to. (or else we would be eating out and going into debt....)

But she refused a back carry. Side carry was ok while I chopped veggies and bam - the cries start. She refused to quiet down, I took like 2 more minutes and got the meal in the crockpot, walked her around the house... that didn't work. The only thing that worked was walking her outside.

Ok, I get that she's in pain - she really is, and I hate it. She's teething. But sometimes I really hate this. I hate being a mom. I feel that nothing is ever getting done, and I swear my life is so out of order. I should be sleeping, but instead I did a quick clean up ... and now she's crying again. Great.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
3,677 Posts

It can be so hard, but the house can get cleaned another day when she's not so cranky. I know how it feels to want to clean up those messes... I vacuumed today for the first time in WEEKS, there was dog-hair everywhere, and two batches of cookie crumbs from the darn dog getting into DH's lunch AGAIN!!!! smooshed into my kitchen floor, and laundry
: oh the laundry. But you know, it can wait, it will wait, it HAS to wait, and a night of take-out won't kill anyone

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's okay. We try really hard, all the time, we do what we can, grab some sleep, then try some more. And we try to love it, but sometimes that's hard, too. The fact that you care, that you carry your baby while you work (or try to--my dd is almost the same age as yours, so I certainly understand!), means a lot. It's okay to hate it sometimes. I mean, for crying out loud, this little person is *screaming* at you and, unlike a normal (grown-up) human, does not appreciate that you are *trying* to make it better.

I so understand the feeling of things being out of order, too. My house is dirty dirty dirty, I have calls to return from weeks--okay, months--ago... Oh, and my DH thinks it's important to go to the basement and build a bookshelf?!?! Geez, honey, instead of dinking around in the woodshop, could you maybe take the baby so I can *mop the kitchen floor* for Pete's sake?!?! WTF? (Not going to be reprimanded for that abbreviation, am I? The F stands for Fraggle.)

But, see, I love him, too. Even when I hate him.

This, too, shall pass.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm with you. Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna go crazy with my 9 month old DS. I love him to death and love being a mom but it's alot of work and I want a cleaan house and healthy home cooked meals AND a happy baby!! Why cant I do everything that needs done?? Sometimes it makes me feel inadequate especially since my mom had 7 kids and I feel like one is alot of work. Sometimes I would just like to not be needed so much for a little while and then I feel guilty when I get angry or frustrated with DS when it isn't his fault. Like now. He's crying like he needs to go to bed as it is midnight and I have tried to bring him to bed with me three times now and gotten out of our cozy bed to preserve my husbands sleep. Ah well, mostly I love being a mom but sometimes . . . . gotta go. Sympathy, empathy and hugs all around.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't worry, mama, you're doing a great job! And feeling frustrated at times is only natural. You're attending to a high needs person at all times. You'd have to be a saint not to feel fed up at some point. Don't worry, though, it will get easier....in the end you really won't care about the mess anymore.
Seriously, though, from my experience all your hard work now will be so worth it. Whilst all my friends' conventionally reared toddlers are now throwing regular tantrums, my 2-year-old DD has grown from a high-needs baby into a super sweet and very content little girl. Hang in there, it WILL get easier.
s

·
Registered
132 Posts

I know how you feel. It can be hard! But you are a great mom and you need to remember that we all have our days (sometimes weeks at a time!) where we feel that way.

My son just turned 1 and is getting his canine teeth and learning to walk and get into EVERYTHING. He's in the *I wanna be independent but I also don't want to leave my mom's side* stage. The other day I had plates and blocks thrown at my face and a chunk of hair pulled out. TERROR. When my hubby came home, I handed him my son and I went into the other room, screamed into a pillow, cried a little and just took a breather. It was much easier after that.

Just hang in there and if you need to talk, give me a PM!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I feel your pain. After being up ever hour or two with my 1 year old, a little before 6 I got into bed w/ my 3.5 year old, knowing if I didn't she'd wait til I just fell asleep then come into my room crying and wake me and the baby up. I drifted off to sleep them, "Mommy, I wanna get up." And then 20 minutes of squirming and whining til I finally thought, screw it, and got up, and the younger one woke up and I thought, "I am SO GLAD my DH got snipped. MOTHERHOOD SUCKS!" Sometimes I daydream about sleeping all night, or getting to read a book. Even taking a shower that I don't have to rush through before somebody gets mad or wants something. And ooooooohhhhhhhhh the whining! My 2nd is at my LEAST favorite age so far (she's a year-for me it starts around 10 months when the novelty of crawling wears off but they aren't walking yet). She's whiny and demanding and exhausting. The older one is piles of fun though, so I keep telling myself it'll get better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.