Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blighted ovum
I was spotting all weekend and finally went to the OB today. She had an ultrasound done and there is no baby... there is a gestational sac that measures 5 weeks and no yolk sac, no embryo. I should be 7 1/2 weeks along.

They're going to wait and see if my body takes care of it all by itself, which it should. Hopefully soon. Hopefully I can get pregnant again really quickly. It just wasn't going to work out this time. It is a small comfort to know I never lost a baby... I never had one.

Overall I'm sad but doing ok. Frustrated that we need to start "all over", but also counting my blessings, you know? I wish you all a very healthy and happy 9 months, and first time moms... you are in for the adventure of your lives. Enjoy every moment of this journey and the journey of raising a little one. It is an amazing experience!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Twilight, I'm so sorry. I hope everything resolves itself quickly for you. You're in my thoughts!
s

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope your body figures out what to do quickly, so it can get on to conceiving your future baby.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I am really sorry and wish you the best of luck!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Twilight.

I am so sorry for your loss. My first pregnancy (a honeymoon conception!) was a blighted ovum. It is so hard because your body keeps letting you think you are pregnant for several weeks after there was no baby to begin with. I lost mine at 10 1/2 weeks. It is terribly sad, but I did take some small comfort in the fact that there was no baby to pass, though.

You will likely be pregnant again really soon. My son came just 3 cycles later for me. Keep the faith.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I'm so sorry Twilight. I'm glad you went to see your MW, and got some answers, I'm sorry the answer is so awful
be good to yourself, and know we are all thinking of you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.