Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD had some skin testing done at the allergist on Monday. She really cried hard when she was picked and then again when the allergist was measuring the results. She actually has never cried that hard for skin testing, but I just figured it was because she was tired from the long trip to the allergist and/or hungry. I didn't really check her back after as I didn't really want to draw her attention to it again. Monday night she STTN as usual, but she was whipped from not having a nap.

Tuesday morning I dressed her right before running out the door. I noticed her back had some pretty bad looking reactions. There are at least 3 (or maybe 4) big bad patches. They were red and raised with bumps as well. I didn't do anything to them as they didn't seem to be bothering her. When I got back home about 5hrs later I put her down for a nap and she was super fidgety. I decided to put a little hydrocortisone cream on her (the really weak stuff, .5% I think it is). It didn't seem to help at all, but she did finally settle down and take a decent nap. I continued to watch the skin for the rest of the day and it wasn't looking any better. I gave her a bath hoping that would help. I moisturized her with olive oil as usual.

Now she has been fidgety most of the night waking several times. I can't tell for sure if the spots look better or not because I am looking at them with a flashlight. I don't want to put any medication on them until I can see them in good light so that I can properly judge what is going on.

Has anyone else's lo had such a bad reaction to skin testing? This is certainly not her first time getting this done and this has never happened to her before. She had 4 rxns yesterday (the control, goat's milk, potato, and eggplant). The goat's milk rxn was really big, much bigger than the control. I know at least 2 of the bad patches on her skin relate to where the rxns were (the milk and the control). The dr put some cream on her back after she was done measuring, perhaps that is what caused the bad rxn she is having now? I know in the past she hasn't reacted to what they put on after, but this was a new office, so maybe a different cream?

What would you do at this point? I am afraid to put anymore hydrocortisone or steroid cream on for fear of making it worse. But she needs some relief. Any experience/wisdom to share??

Thanks,

Beth

· Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it isn't looking any better this morning and perhaps is slightly worse. It is also warm to the touch. Any suggestions? I think I might call the dr, but I would imagine she would tell me to put hydrocortisone on it, which I am not sure is the best course of action.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.