Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi! I think we are going to get DD a balance bike for her 2nd birthday. It's not until Feb but I want to be on the lookout for sales. Do you have a brand you reccomend (or don't!) for little ones. She tried her friends bike and was able to move it along on her tiptoes which makes me think she'll be pretty close to ready come birthday time. Only problem is, his bike sells for close to $200! Yikes! Not going to happen. So we are looking for a bike that a shorter child can use and won't break the bank. Thanks for your input!</p>

·
Registered
961 Posts
<p>I bought one from walmart.com for 30 bucks. Didn't see it in the stores but they have it online. I think its called the wee ride or something similar. I've been very happy with it.</p>

·
Registered
976 Posts
<p>My Dad recently bought DS a Zum bike (I think from Costco) and its great.  Its made of wood too, which is a plus. DS is still a bit young to fully experience it but his playgroup friends love it.</p>

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
<p>My ds had a Strider bike- and honestly though he's a pretty big and coordinated kid, he found it to be kind of hard to hold up the bike and ride it at 2.  He also has a Kiddi-o tricycle that was a hand-me-down from his sister- it has gotten a lot more riding than the strider in the last year.  The Kiddi-o is great in that it adjusts down to small enough for a 2 year old, but got large enough my oldest could still ride it at 6, before we handed it down to little brother, its a really well made trike, and the handle bars won't turn so far as to tip it over, like some trikes will. </p>

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
<p>My ILs are getting DD <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=motheringhud-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FDiggin-Active-Skuut-Wooden-Balance%2Fdp%2FB00264GIFY%2Fref%3Dsr_1_2%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1290916783%26sr%3D8-2" rel="norewrite" target="_blank">this</a> one for Christmas this year. There are a few other brands on Amazon for under $100.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts