Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a couple of months old, but I just found it. Just wondered if there are any updates on it? I can't find any.

Bar group will review Bush's legal challenges

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- The board of governors of the American Bar Association voted unanimously yesterday to investigate whether President Bush has exceeded his constitutional authority in reserving the right to ignore more than 750 laws that have been enacted since he took office.

They include a former federal appeals court chief judge, a former FBI director, and several prominent scholars -- to evaluate Bush's assertions that he has the power to ignore laws that conflict with his interpretation of the Constitution.
If anyone can find any new info on it, it'd be great. I think my Google finger is broken today.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
How timely! The President of the ABA (American Bar Assocation) just released his statement about it this morning. C-SPAN radio aired the news conference, so you may be able to find it on their site.

The gist of it: Signing statements are an unconstitutional violation of the separation of powers.

And the latest count is 807.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts