Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for other mama's from Barrie..Im new here and looking for play mates for my kids..and of course mama's that are somewhat like me
so I can find friends too.
I have a 5 yr old, and a 1 yr old...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi there!
I just moved away from Barrie 2 weeks ago (I came here to find out if there are any mamas near my new home in NS!) and there is a great community of mums there that I'm missing a whole bunch! It took a long time for me to find likeminded women in Barrie to hang out with while our kids played together, but they're definitely out there! Only a few I found here on MDC.
If you're on Facebook, and you haven't already, check out "The Crunchy Mums". They had a play date the other day, and have another one planned for the next couple of weeks.
You'll love Barrie!

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are alot of us in the Barrie/Orillia area!!!!

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...workofontario/

I have a 7.5 yr old, a 4.5 yr old and a 4.5 month old and we are just north of Barrie ;-)

If you don't go already, there is the Barrie LLL group that I think meets during the day, plus the Orillia LLL (I always belonged to both! ;-) meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 7pm. My girlfriends are the leaders and they have a great group of moms. I have yet to make it out yet since the birth of my 3rd ;-(

I started the above holistic parents group when my first child was 3 because I was so anxious to meet other like minded moms and boy I have I ever! LOL

Wendy

·
Registered
39 Posts
There are two LLL groups in Barrie. One meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 7pm at the Ontario Early Years Centre on Ross Street, and the other meets on the first Thursday at 10 am at the Ferris Lane Community Church. Both groups are absolutely fabulous, and a great way to meet like minded mamas.

I'm so missing all the wonderful women I met through LLL! Please tell them Gerri says hi. (as I wait until the third Monday of this month to attend my first LLL meeting in Nova Scotia, hoping to meet some like minded mamas here)

Also, there's a group called the Wholistic Moms (facilitated by a chiro, a midwife, a teacher and formerly, me!) that meets monthly to discuss all facets of natural family living related stuff - and usually with a speaker. I'm not sure where they're meeting over the summer, but can find out if you'd like!

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey there. I SO feel for you!!!! I too was in a similar boat last year as we lived in NB just for a year in the middle of nowhere. ;-) The only health food store in Saint John NB was the Superstore health food section. I think there were 2 ND's, about 4 chiropractors (I tried them all LOL). Like you it took me years to establish a holistic network of practitioners and friends here in ONtario. Although I still miss NB in many ways, I am happy to be home and buying Thai coconuts again! LOL Are you there permanently? I bet you it won't take long before you find at least a few like minded momas ;-) Hugs. Wendy in Ontario

1 - 5 of 5 Posts