Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this from gfcfkids yahoo group<br>
Zucchini muffins<br><br>
1/3 cup sugar<br>
2 eggs<br>
3 tbsp oil (I use sunflower oil)<br>
1 cup GF flour mix ( I like Cybele's Pascal mix 2 parts rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch + 1/3 part tapioca flour)<br>
1 tsp baking powder<br>
3/4 tsp salt<br>
1/2 tsp baking soda<br>
1/4 tsp cinnamon<br>
1/4 tsp nutmeg<br>
1 cup grated zucchini or carrots<br>
1/4 cup raisins<br>
1/4 cup chopped walnuts<br><br>
Preheat the oven at 400<br>
beat together the sugar, eggs + oil.<br>
Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon + nutmeg and combine with the first mixture; then add the zucchini, raisins and nuts.<br>
Spoon the mix into muffins tins, bake for 20 min, makes 10 - 12 muffins.<br><br>
I omit the baking powder and use a splash of cream of tartar instead. I also omit the cinnamon. I have made many varieties of this. Zucchini, carrot, banana... tonight I made the best ones yet. I had an orange I had peeled and sectioned yesterday, but dd1 thought it wasn't sweet enough so it was put in fridge (and without a cover, so it had partly dried out) I mixed up the ingredients, using my little food processor to chop up the orange and 2 large carrots, then I used pecans instead of walnuts this time. It seemed a little stiff so I put in a splash of hemp milk. So wa la I made orange carrot pecan raisin muffins. They were the best variation yet!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts