Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two skeins of Cotton Ease that are just calling out to be made into a sweet, girly tank top for my friend's 5 year old daughter. Yet even Ravelry fails me - I can't find a single basic tank top that suits her! The back needs to be totally closed - no halter ties or open backs per her mother's request. I've not the time to create my own pattern, nor do I really want to. HELP!

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
I made that last one. I added a ruffle to the bottom and just put ribbon ties at the top (I was worried about the knitted ones stretching) So cute and easy!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavis337 View Post
ooooh, yes, that's adorable! Thanks!

I also found THIS - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...party-tank-top

Pretty basic but I can add some ruffles or variation to it easily. The one you posted though - ooh la la! SO sweet.

So I've started this and am not terribly happy with it. The pattern is ok, very basic and easy enough to follow. But I'm using Lion CottonEase and my gauge is spot on but the yarn just does strange things, it splits easily and looks strange in some places. I did a ruffled edge at the cast on which looks cute, but other than that..... rats and rats. I might finish just to see if it blocks and finished ok.

I can't figure out what to do with the sleeve and neck edges - b/c I'm not doing the crocheted picot edging, what to do? Should I just pick up stitches, knit a row and then bind off? Will that work well enough to give it just a solid edge that won't roll and won't show the decreases in the armholes? Ribbing would look silly and ruffles around the armholes would be too much.

The other patterns you all posted are so sweet, all of them. Thanks for all the suggestions - I now have a nice list to work on!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.