Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Our city was recently in a flood and our home took in water to the roof. Needless to say, we are displaced and will be for a long time to come. We are currently living in our friends basement. They have been very welcoming and want us to use their kitchen and supplies. However, I just feel more comfortable keeping my family in the basement. There is a bar area so I have a fridge, sink and a skillet. I'm looking for your best "1-pot" type meals that I can make in the skillet. Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm am glad you and your family are safe and have a place to stay for the time being and I am sorry for your loss. I would just use the skillet to make regular meals and try to keep food warm in between cooking one item to the next. Putting food on a plate and covering with a bowl will keep it warm for a while. Also do you think you could get a crock pot, that would really expand what you can cook without a full kitchen. I wish I had more advice good luck to you mama

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your house! Awesome that you guys have a place to stay. I think it'd be well worth it to have a one burner stove (I'm thinking like a camp stove) to boil water for pasta, quinoa and rice. A crockpot would also be cool. In the meantime, here are some meals I make in our skillet regularly:

Chicken Curry

Peas and Paneer

Veggie Curry w/beans or chickpeas

Channa Masala

Greens w/beans or chickpeas

French toast

Eggs, bacon, fried potatoes

Grilled Cheese

What the heck? I totally missed the date on this thread! I'm sure you're out of the basement by now, but I'll leave my reply in case someone else is in that situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.