Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, I know most of you are in the States and I think they don't vaccinate there for tuberculosis, but if you have any info/opinions on this i'd be interested. I live in Europe and in conversation about vaccines, a friend of mine noted my 5 yo daughter's tiny teeth and attributed it to the BCG vaccine, which my daughter received at 6 weeks old (they actually give it here at 4 days but I managed to delay it). My friend said that the BCG went straight into my daughter's bones and created this condition (and that it will affect all my daughter's bone development). She also believes that is why so many kids here have rotting baby teeth. She said that most Europeans don't have Americans' "strong horse teeth" (which I admit I (an American) do possess!) and that she believes it's because in the States they don't vaccinate for tuberculosis. Because of my family teeth I expected my child to have much bigger, stronger teeth and was shocked when they came in so small. I know they're just her milk teeth and perhaps her permanent teeth might be totally different... I just had another baby and I am not going to let them give him the BCG, so I will have something to compare when his teeth come in. I am just curious if anyone else has an opinion or similar experience. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Since you live in Europe, write to <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> and ask that question. The spokesperson from that organisation Anita Petek-Dimmer has proof that the BCG vax was totally useless and is finally no longer used in most European countries since 1990.<br><br>
She should be informed about what you have posted here.<br><br>
Also, I want to say, since the boarders between East and West have opened, we in the West see a lot of vaccine damaged children from the former East Block Countries with all sort of damage. Rotten, small baby teeth might be an adverse reaction to vaccines also.<br><br>
You might find something here:<br><br><a href="http:/m/bcg7.html" target="_blank">http://www.*********/m/bcg7.html</a>

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will write to them. As far as I know, the Czech Republic is still using BCG and they still do it on the fourth day of life if you're in a hospital (where 99% of births occur). This time I had a homebirth and managed to avoid the pressure from the hospital (which is pretty intense -with my daughter, when I refused I was screamed at in the maternity hall by the pediatrician what an irresponsible mother I am and that I had better not take her anywhere in public if I didn't want her to die in her first year of life). From what I understand vaccinating is strictly required by law and bolstered by a strong reverence for the almighty medical establishment. I could be threatened with imprisonment for not vaccinating. We got our daughter into the only school that doesn't require vaccines, and I'm assuming that in their laxity they also risk some kind of trouble. Our pediatrician, who is unusual in that she does not force parents to vaccinate has also told me she may be locked up for not vaccinating all her patients on schedule. She's a renegade. It is not a pretty picture here!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Teeth are mostly formed in utero, which is why things like tetracyline taken during pregnancy cause discoloration and problems with the enamel. It's really hard to envision how something given at six weeks after birth could cause a major structural problem with teeth, but I'll look into it and let you know if I find anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts