Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mammas, does anyone have recommendations on how to EC at a resort vacation?

My 5mo daughter is in diapers when out and about. We've never been in an airport, I think I'll give Gdiapers a try...

I'm guessing it's easy to be naked bum everywhere except at the restaurant during meals. I only have prefolds and a belt, a few fitteds (that dry slowly, and are space consuming). I have the BBLP and the smart potty insert, I'll take one of them along..

Thanks for sharing any tips!

·
Registered
436 Posts
You're going to be distracted and so will she so that may increase misses. And a resort's going to have a lot of people on the beach. I'd put her in a PUL-only cover plus something to keep her skin protected from the PUL for the beach and concentrate on catching poops. The makeshift trainer will keep poop off the beach and will look enough like a swim diaper that no one will freak out. When you have a pee miss, just go and splash around in the water.

The PUL cover can be dried off with a towel and then you can just change out whatever interior layer you're using--little undies, flat diaper, etc. Even something like the Gerber flats you can get at Target would work.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I was always more distracted when out and about so made sure to have lots of back-up (so I wouldn't be stressed about running out of clean pants). On the main trip we did when my youngest was about 3 mo old, we used the G-diaper flushable pads (or what was the predecessor to them) with our own covers that could be rinsed and hung in the bathroom. I also brought some of our regular Poquito Pants and all-in-one cloth dipes for the end of the trip (when we'd be home within a day or 2)

Have a marvelous time :thumb

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much everyone, I love this forum!

I have some undies and covers on hand, and Gdiapers. Thankfully, when we're out and about and I offer her to potty in the WC, she almost always goes, and I can relax a little. Sometimes though she can go several times more after that, so it's still good to have a back up.

Will update how the vacation went!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I'd share my experience with EC during this vacation. All in all it was great. I ended up taking 6 flat and 6 prefold diapers along, and in retrospect I probably needed only 2 flats max, they dry super quick, which was important as we didn't have direct sunlight on the balcony, and prefolds would take forever to dry until it was too humid outside.
DD is at that age when her poop is very predictable, mostly after naps and big feeds. And the rest of the time we were naked bum/in tiny undies, such as the beach or the pool (lounging, not in the water), and just doing it discreetly in the bush/grass.
I used the flat for when we went out to eat, but almost always went to use the WC with her, and only had 2 misses.
For airports and travel we used gdiapers, but did also make use of the WC regularly. Initially I thought I'd use if myself first so she knows what we're there for, but I was surprised that she went even before me, she knew exactly what to do! Couldn't get her to relax in the airplane loo, though, she was too scared in there.

thanks for all your input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts