Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Thanks sapphire, that article was great!

I was just talking about this very thing with my mom this morning...I'm starting hs next week and she was suggesting to me that I write out my explanations so I won't get flustered when people ask about it. I told her that it's probably better just to say "We researched it a lot and decided that it's what's best for our family." I had in mind that I didn't want to sound like I was attacking people whose kids are in ps, but I wasn't thinking (until I read that article) that giving too many explanations gives the impression that the subject is open for debate.

I'll have to remember the bean dip over the upcoming holidays.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dharmamama View Post
I also tell people, "Well, my kids are healthy, happy, and smart, so I must be doing something right!" They either realize a)I'm not going to discuss further b)They are being rude or c)They are wrong and let it drop.
That's wonderful! How many people are going to dare to argue with you on that?

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by genifer View Post
Id actually say that out loud and then the focus would be on how cool it was that I was a jedi and not on my homeschooling.

LOL! You shouldn't make me laugh that hard right after I ate a large burrito. My tummy hurts already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.