Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I never knew that "<span style="color:rgb(66,66,66);">A typical 4oz. muffin was listed as two servings, even though people ate the whole muffin. A 20 oz. soda was labeled as two servings, even though a whole bottle was consumed by one person in a single serving"</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(66,66,66);">Reference: Dr Jack Wolfson</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(66,66,66);"><a href="http://wolfsonintegrativecardiology.com/new-nutrition-food-labels-proposed-fda/#sthash.iQc1G57Q.dpuf" target="_blank">http://wolfsonintegrativecardiology.com/new-nutrition-food-labels-proposed-fda/#sthash.iQc1G57Q.dpuf</a></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#424242;">​This makes sense that as I get older the more weight I put on and I know I am addicted to eating more than the recommended daily amount necessary to run my body.  The trick is how do you do it, how do you start a diet cold turkey? Is it a cleanse you have to start before going on a diet? uhhhhgggg I will be doing the paleo diet soon but getting there and always saying that I will do it tomorrow is where it starts.</span></p>
<p><span style="color:#424242;">Starting today is the mindset and doing it, I think. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#424242;">Me: 5'8" 190 with a square shaped body, ideal weight is 160-165 for a better look and better performance. </span></p>

·
Registered
365 Posts
The key for me is to focus on good fats. Everything you hear is low-fat low-fat lowfat, but our bodies really need good fats. Paleo encourages up to 50% of your daily calories to be fat. Some people mix a little raw honey with grass fed butter to help them when they feel hungry. Just a little spoonful will quickly ease cravings. When you stop being carb based, you'll find you are satisfied far longer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
<p>some of my friends say the same. Many people think its the "Good fats" that the body needs, rather than No fats at all. Infact many of them don't care about fat counts at all.......as long as its coupled with good exercise. God knows </p>

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Knowing that helps immensely.. Thank you! I was thinking  of carrying around olives to pass the hunger cravings  </p>

·
Banned
9 Posts
The main idea is to focus on natural , healthy and mindful eating. Mindful eating make you aware of What, Why and How you are eating your food.It can affect positively in your weight loss efforts IT help you to feel full earlier in the meal and you’re less likely to overeat .

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a trend now at becoming more aware about nutrition labels. I already teach my daughter that we have to compare labels in order to decide which product to purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts