Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I thought I would tell you ladies about the beautiful Blessingway my friends had for me today. I could go on and on, but I'll give you the short version!!!

They started off by making a web with yarn that connected everyone. We each have a piece around our wrist or ankle. A couple of people had poems that they read, and they were beautiful (I cried, of course). They made a birthing necklace for me which is gorgeous. They brushed my hair and one of my friends put these beautiful braids in it (I have almost waist length hair). Another friends made a beautiful headband out of raffia and weaved flowers in it and put that in my hair - it is so cool. They henna tattooed my belly. My oldest daughter went with me and did a tattoo, too. It looks awesome. I look like a total hippie goddess! I love, love, love it! I felt like I should have been on my way to Woodstock! Man, I hope the pictures come out. We had a potluck and just really bonded as women and mothers. It was such a wonderful day - I felt so connected with and loved by these women. I feel so ready to have this baby - I just know that everything is going to turn out okay, and I feel peaceful. I'm a very happy mama today!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
You are a very lucky mama! I'm glad you had a wonderful time!!

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaChameleon
Will you share the pix?!?!?!?
Absolutely! I'm going to have them developed tomorrow, so if I can figure out how to post them - I will! We went out to dinner tonight (the kiddos were all at a friends for movie night for a couple of hours!) at a downtown restaurant. It's a very bohemian place - best vegetarian restaurant EVER. I still had on my flower crown and braids and bead necklace. It was great!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Wow, you and your daughter look beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your photos!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That is so beautiful! I wish I had friends/family IRL who would do something like that for me. My family is so mainstream that none of them have ever even heard of one, and I don't have many friends. Oh well, maybe next time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts