Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're getting to where we can start sharing belly pics! I LOVE taking weekly ones and watching my growth week by week. I've done them with every pregnancy so I am able to go back and compare, which is fun!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
7 weeks today. I started taken them from the other side (better lighting) so you can see my bad stretchmarks now. LOL

Attachments

Reactions: Smella

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm about on par with you! Though most days I change size a lot throughout the day due to bloat and all that.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm about on par with you! Though most days I change size a lot throughout the day due to bloat and all that.
I'm so anxious to get the next week overwith, as my bloat is usually gone by 8 weeks. Thankfully I don't FEEL bloated at all, but man that picture sure makes me look that way!!

Here is my early progression from last pregnancy, wondering if I will follow suit.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm really curious to know when I'll start showing (to others perception)! I am 5 feet tall and was a muscular 120 lbs at the time of conception. My mom guessed 14 weeks.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I am 5' 7"... I think it was about 16 weeks for me when it became obvious with my first. But last time, I looked like 5 months by 13 weeks. It was crazy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wish my bloating was gone at 8 weeks! I'm 9 weeks today and still super bloated. :/ I'm taking photos, but not much to show yet! I'm 5' 8", my mom thinks I won't show until late. Who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Speaking of growing bellies, have any of you veterans used the bellaband or similar products? I'm curious, but skeptical, because I love the idea of not having to buy new pants Or at least stalling as long as possible. I figure once the hot weather sets in I'll just be wearing spandex shorts and muscle tees every day.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have used a Bella Band from baby #1 . I carry really low so I need all the help I can get with pants, and there is no pulling off the "rubber band trick" when your tummy is so low! The BB has always worked great for me. Sizing is key though, as too snug is quite uncomfortable and too big rides up/down with every movement.

I also loved them for after baby, to cover my tummy when nursing (and tuck it in!). Nursing tops like the Undercover Mama ones are great for that too.

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
i look round but it's not from baby yet. my body is soft and squishy from 5 pregnancies and i never fully got back to where i was pre loss. anyways, ill eventually feel like im more bump than gut and post photo's :love

thanks everyone for sharing! i love pregnancy and all of the things that come with it.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I'm definitely noticing changes this week. Only 8 weeks, but looks like I am following my pattern from last pregnancy. I am not really bloated at all today and it feels WONDERFUL! I can usually begin to feel my fundus at 9 weeks (also the week I've been able to pick up the heartbeat with the last two), so almost there!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is anyone else getting a noticeable tummy?

I have been wearing sweatshirts everywhere I go these days...my tummy is the size I expected it to be at 10 weeks. I'm definitely at that stage where the people who know I'm pg say "You have a bump!" but the people who don't are seriously wondering what I've been eating. LOL I can easily feel my fundus (it even measures easily now, 1 week ahead which is typical). Excited for a few weeks down the road when I can actually wear fitted shirts and not feel awkward. ;) I definitely have to wear maternity pants for comfort, though. (I also always tend to carry really low, which is probably why buttons and zippers are an eliminated option for me from very early on)

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
So, I'm not quite showing yet (only to people who know me well) but definitely have a growing belly! I'm totally losing my waist definition. I would like to have a more obvious bump soon because for now I just feel a little chubby, and people glare at me when I claim a seat on the subway (my sacrum hurts like a b already!!).

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys both look so great! And pretty (even without faces showing! LOL! )

23 weeks (and also my youngest's 3rd birthday!) Lots of contractions today, trying to take it easy.
Feeling big and uncomfortable, which doesn't bode well for the next 17+ weeks. Ugh. I keep looking at other belly pics trying to reassure myself that just because I feel so huge right now doesn't mean I'm going to literally double in size once more or anything. *sigh*

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here's my 26 week bump. Bigger then last time by about 3-4 week, trying not to be to hard on myself though. Last pregnancy I worked full time, as a cleaner so was on my feet moving every day. I kinda miss the work out this time around though

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts