24,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
880 Posts

·
Registered
18,845 Posts
Well, I'm mortally sure I could beat her in any measurement of academic appitude and achievement.

As well as in courtesy.
"saving" lives trumps courtesy.

Also trumps informed consent and all that other nonsense around medical choice.

I'm fascinated by people who seriously believe that there will never be anything recommended by medical authorities that they will want to turn down.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
I guess I have to say it again, if their vaccines actually work then how are the unvaccinated a threat to you? It's the same old same old.

I sort of get it.

They likely believe most vaccines mostly work, but they want "herd immunity" as a back-up plan.

The thing is: I am not interested in volunteering my kids as part of their back-up plan.

·
Registered
24,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Kathymuggle, or as I was told back in 1976, the reason I was so healthy as a nonvaxer is because everyone else is sacrificing themselves for me.

So the choice is to be chronically sick from the vaccines or take a chance with the disease and be ostracized for choosing not to be vaccinated.

I was being insulted, such rudeness and hate, and none of it is true just smoke and mirrors, an illusion.

·
Registered
174 Posts
But guuuuuuyyysss, you have to vaccinate because of the people who are to sick to do so.
I believe that's the counter argument to the above. What do you say to that?

·
Registered
18,845 Posts
But guuuuuuyyysss, you have to vaccinate because of the people who are to sick to do so.
Well, anyone who lets their severely immune-impaired child go to school because they think a high vaccination rate will prevent exposure to dangerous illnesses is delusional.

·
Premium Member
31,346 Posts
This is what I've always said, when I had cancer I was required to stay away from people that were recently vaccinated and sick people. Don't use me as an excuse for your pro vax stance.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Honestly, I feel for them. I really, really do...but my concern goes as far as keeping kids home when sick (which is more than I can say for many people!) handwashing, wearing masks if visiting a Er with a cough/cold, etc, etc. It does not extend to having my child take an unnecessary vaccine risk for their child. Frankly, I would never put that sort of guilt (get a vaccine to protect my child) on anyone.

As an aside, my youngest was prone to chest infection for years. A cold could turn into pneumonia. It was awful. That being said, I did not run around screaming at people to keep their kids home with a cold or shoot flaming piles of poo at them if they went out with kids with the sniffles.

Oh, and ftr, a cold in my daughter was far scarier than the chicken pox.

·
Premium Member
31,346 Posts
Good point, heck my own mother is one of those people that just goes about her day when she's sick with no regard for passing it on to others. I can't tell you how many times she's shown up at my house over the years obviously sick and ended up giving it to my husband and kids. My husband who has a pretty long medical history and shouldn't be needlessly exposed to other peoples illnesses.

I remember being chastised by her when as a teen I told a neighbor that wanted me to babysit that my sister was sick with scarlet fever. I wasn't sick but I was still concerned about possibly carrying it to their house. Some people are just inconsiderate.

·
Registered
24,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you have to vaccinate because of the people who are to sick to do so.
My answer to this is what doctors tell you when they are confronted with vaccine failure "Well, vaccines do not work 100% of the time..."

I tell them what my husband's oncologist told me; "to keep all recently vaxed children away from him." Which is the advice given by Johns Hopkins and St Judes in their handbook RE: homecare for the immunosuppressed, but has been modified since nonvaxers read it.

The herd thing is weak. It is used against nonvaxers to elict shame when fear does not work.

·
Registered
24,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, stellanyc, AND if they get the flumist, it is the LIVE VIRUS that sheds and is the gift that keeps giving ...

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
^^ That's why I don't understand why medical professionals are required to get the flu shot. Doesn't it often cause a milder version of influenza that could put their patients at risk..
I am not sure about that.

Evidence does point to the fact that getting the flu shot leaves one more susceptible to other flus going around. I can cite if anyone likes.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Ok, I believe you. Still doesn't make sense then though.
No, it doesn't.

There is a lot of stuff around mandatory flu vaccine that makes very little sense.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts