Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just ordered a beco butterfly II. I am really close to ordering an ergo also. The reason I'm thinking about the ergo is the little pocket. What do you all do for carrying your keys and wallet while wearing the beco butterfly II? I hate to spend another $100 on the ergo so I can have a pocket. Then, when would I use the beco butterfly II? only in the house and when out in the yard?
Thanks
Rebecca

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oh - there are lots of options! If you are wearing your LO on your front, I find a backpack works really well. If you want something smaller, I'd suggest a hip or 'fanny' pack that clips around your waist. When I wear DS on my back these days, I usually just sling my purse over my shoulder the way I normally would, and it's fine, or if I have more to carry, I wear a 'messenger' style bag that I put over my head and then it sits on the opposite shouled and across my chest. at the back, the strap sort of sits in front of DS, between me and him. Make sense?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does make sense, thank you! I have used carriers before and just carried my purse as always. I may just be freaking out because I just spent lots of money and I'm still thinking about the ergo!
Rebecca

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Quote:
What do you all do for carrying your keys and wallet while wearing the beco butterfly II?
a little purse

·
Registered
58 Posts
pockets are handy! My ring sling has a pocket and I love to use it
But the Beco is an awesome carrier. I just put my stuff in a little purse or I put it in my pockets. It would be handy if they had a built in pocket in them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ladies! My Beco should arrive any day. I ordered a cross body purse, It was $6 bucks on amazon. I used to use those little pouch/pocket style purses all the time. Problem solved!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've used a carabiner clip to keep track of my keys (especially at the park) clipped to a sling or my pants...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Can you just sew a little pocket on? That's what I did for my sling, I just hand stitched a wee pocket on in a complimentary fabric color and I use it to hold my keys and my wallet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.