Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm looking for people who are interested in becoming Hypnobabies instructors. Please visit www.hypnobabies.com for more details.
I'm attempting to get a class together in the Metro DC area. Please contact me if you're interested! If I can get 10 particpants, they will come here to teach it and I won't have to fly to CA.

Rose
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband and I took Bradley Method Classes, and with great success I birthed our first and only baby naturaly in a Hospital! I had a Midwife and lots and lots of back labor. I was wondering how this hypno birth works? In Bradley Method they teach and focuss on getting you to accept what your body is doing and to not tense up. To Birth without tensing your muscles through the contractions. I of course practiced this technique but when my baby was turning around in my body and her head was putting pressure on my spin it hurt cause my back labor. I also felt my cervics actually opening up which also was not the most wonderful walk in the park , sense it seemed to happen all at once in the car on the way to the hospital. I have heard of Hypno birth and have had a natural birth and commend myself for the active 12 hours of labor I endored. But it most deffinetley was acompanied by pain. What I quess I am asking is have you had a birth naturally before this method and after, and how did the experiences differ?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi Rose
Hope you find some people to do this class with you. Just wanted to say hi, and welcome to MDC. Hope things are going well for you all, we haven't seen you since Nick was tiny. Aliyah and Randa are due to wake up any second now, but hopefully I'll talk to you soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Printzess
What I quess I am asking is have you had a birth naturally before this method and after, and how did the experiences differ?
Hypnosis for birth is similar to Bradley in that they teach you to allow your body to do it's work and relax so that the contx can do their job. I don't know much more about Bradley though so I can't comment on how else they compare.
I used Hypnosis for birth with my first pg, but I never really was able to achieve a deep state of hypnosis. (I had taken Hypnobirthing instead of Hypnobabies) I ended up having nubain shots, I was exhausted and out of it/in a sleep state for most of my 11 hour labor and then just darn tired for 3 hours of pushing.
With my second pg while using the hypnosis scripts I was really able to be in tune with my body. I won't get in to all the details but something was telling me that things weren't the way they were supposed to be. My son ended up being breech, and having listened to what my body/the baby/the universe/God (whatever you want to call it) was telling me, I went to the hospital for a c/s. BUT... I did labor at home (before we knew he was breech) for 7 hours and during that time I was in a deep state of hypnosis most of the time. I came up briefly several times for different reasons (drinking, going potty, talking to MW, talking to DH). I sat in my tub and breathed deeply in and out, only marginally aware of the other people in the room. At the same time though, I was really THERE, as opposed to my other birth when I was just out of it. I don't know how to describe that.
In Hypnosis you are also instructed to "change" the measure of time. So... I had NO idea it had been 7 hours, and when the MW checked me (bec of meconium) we discovered I was at 9 cm. I was completely astounded that I was that far along. I'm confident the remainder of the birth, had it been vaginal, would have been the same.

There is more, I'm sure, and many more people have had much better success stories than I. Sorry to ramble on so long!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrubsjm
Hi Rose
Hope you find some people to do this class with you. Just wanted to say hi, and welcome to MDC. Hope things are going well for you all, we haven't seen you since Nick was tiny. Aliyah and Randa are due to wake up any second now, but hopefully I'll talk to you soon.
Hey Julia! Send me some pictures! I have some (ok well, hundreds...) on my website. www.quintilian.us if you have several hours to kill
Aliyah is still taking naps??? How did you swing that??!! I like your siggy btw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts