Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9mo has been in our bed since birth. He is a great sleeper. He is usually between me and the bed rail, but now that he can crawl I wake up to him in different places through the night (just in the past couple nights) . He will crawl over me and end up between DH or DS and I. I've also woken up to him laying by my knees his feet pointed towards my face. This worries me because I certainly don't want him to fall off the bed, but still really want to continue to co-sleep. Anyone else sleep with a mover? Any tips or ideas?

My 1st DS would stay put all night and at naps stay in one place waiting for me to get him. This one's a different story!

TIA
Rie

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
This has started happening to us recently and we've had few falls
I think the heat we've been having it the cause of it.

I'm trying some saftey rails and possibly foam barriers (that go under the sheets)--hopefully that will work for us. At least until it cools down and dd starts sleeping more soundly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi

Our dd is 9 months old too and about a month ago I would awaken to her crawling toward the foot of the bed. We have the bed against the wall on her side but that doesn't help if she treks to the end of the bed! I knew it was just a matter of time before she took the plunge off the edge, and our bed is very high.

We decided to put a mattress on the floor in her room and for me to sleep with her in there. It solves both that problem and the issue of dh's snoring - I was only able to sleep with him with earplugs, and I was worried that dd would choke on one if she came across one in the bed (they don't always stay put).

I honestly really like our new arrangement. We have more room, too, so I don't wake dd up as often. Dh and I can get our couple time in our bed after she goes to sleep for the night.

There are many solutions as I'm sure you'll hear - good luck!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
My DH had to actually sleep on the floor with DD while she went through that stage... several time we'd wake up in the night to find her on the other side of the room, part way down the hall, etc. And this started before she was crawling even! Now she's 13 mths old, and has finally settled down enough at night that we feel comfortable with her in bed with us again. She still moves a lot, but no where NEAR like before.

·
Registered
398 Posts
We put our bed on the floor. At least it was more like rolling off than falling...

We also pushed the bed into the corner and then put a rail at the end. Made it kind of a pain for the adults ~ but hey, whatever works, right??

I have also slept in the "other" room with our kids. Works good too!

Good luck!

·
Registered
905 Posts
We moved our queen mattress to the floor and added a twin mattress (the twin is against the wall, then the queen is smashed up against that) We have some hampers near the foot of the bed (in hopes that it'll slow her down enough for us to wake up if she makes it that far!) Thus far it's working great for all of us! Just have to make sure the bedroom is baby-proofed-- and I think we're about to add a gate to the room just in the off chance that we sleep through a major expedition-- though thus far she hasn't even tried to venture off the beds whlie we sleep

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I just realized from reading this that Frankie (11 mos) has stopped doing this. Maybe it will pass for you too soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts