Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any good ones. I have searched old threads but checking to see if anyone had any more.

·
Registered
224 Posts
we say this right after story, as we blow our candle out. i think it is from Seven Times the Sun.......

There is a candle by my bed,
It dances as with cheer,
While I say prayers for those in need,
And those I hold most dear.

There is candle by my bed,
It's there to let me know
The Spirit hears my bedtime prayers
In the low light of its glow.

And though I reach to blow it out
When my prayers are done,
That little flame lives in my heart,
'Til the day returns the sun.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I had decided on a variation of Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (with the "if I should die" referenced changed). But now we've been using a pretty little picture book called Night Night Prayer. It's a great winding down routine. You go through and say good night to the sun, the birds, the flowers, the trees, the dog, the cat, Mommy and Daddy, then a little thank you to God. Each page has "Night, night xxxx" and DS repeats it back. (NOTE: I'm not Christian, but DH and family is. I was the one that found the book though and it's been great at setting the bedtime tone. If he says "night night" even once in the whole process, we know he'll go to bed pretty happilly!) We ended up getting another copy for our neice as well (just 10 days apart from DS). I found it at Target, but I'm sure Amazon or other bookstores carry it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.