Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so if/when i get pg again, we'll have to do bedrest again. this time i'll have a 2yo thrown into the mix. anyone btdt? what would you suggest? we will have days alone, with just the 2 of us, and last time i was on strict bedrest (no sitting up, let alone walking, cleaning, showering,etc) we're expecting the same thing next time, but praying it wont have to be as long.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I had to get a babysitter both times I was on bedrest, as taking care of them even a little bit made my contractions act up. I just simply could not be expected to stay in bed and do nothing with children to look after.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Are you part of a moms group, church or temple? Are there people who you know and trust who could rotate care for your dc? I had bed rest for different reasons in both preg. In my second preg due to contrax. I read lots of books to our son. Several moms from our church rotated care of our then 20 mo old son they also brought meals ocasionally. A neighbor did my grocery shopping.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I am really worried about this too. I have a 3 1/2 yr old son (who I had preterm labor with from 29 weeks- 36 weeks when he was born), plus three foster daughters (2, 3, and 10 yrs old). I have no idea how I'm supposed to be on bed rest and take care of the kids, but I'm going to try! I never dilated last time, and I had contractions even if I was laying down, so I'll just take this pregnancy day by day andhope for the best.

I'm sure I will be starting a thread for those of us on bedrest when boredom strikes and I'm on the couch all day...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I may have to be on bedrest for my next pregnancy because of uterine rupture & placenta abruption..and I also have 2 young children so I know it will be a challenge! I agree with 2sweetboysmom, friends and family can help with household chores and caring for your little one. Goodluck sweetie

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Honestly, I would do a lot of research on this and push back on your caregiver if bedrest is really an appropriate option. There is very little research which shows that bedrest is actually beneficial for most women. A lot of OB's prescribe bedrest because they feel like they have to tell the patient to do something, but it is often not of an any real benefit.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Beth, I couldn't resist looking at your pictures of Leah. What a beauty. And congratulations on your new little miracle on the way...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts