Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously ladies. Why haven't we come up with something like this yet??

In all the years of preggos waking up 8,000 times in the middle of the night to pee - for the love of all that is holy - hows come no one has invented a damn bedside urinal for us???

THE HUMANITY!!! I sware its getting worse. Started out 3-4 times a night...now its just getting RI-DUNKULOUS! Like 5-6 times. All I do is pee.

I figure I aught to just bring a pillow to the bathroom.

Can you imagine the market out there for something you could just go to bed with and just piss away through the night?

Oh right. Theres always Depends....

·
Registered
440 Posts
I asked my midwife about the gazillion times I was getting up each night to pee....
she told me they call it "training"! I don't need to be trained to get up every two hours, I need sleep now, I'll get up when the baby is outside the womb and crying for me to get up.

I was scared it wasn't going to end...... but last night I got up once, yep ONCE! The night before I don't think I even got up one time

There's hope, it may get better for you.

I did talk to the babe, I asked it to please not sit or kick my bladder. Maybe it really likes me already

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
early on my DP suggested i just start sleeping in the bathroom.
ugh, i agree i don't need to be trained to be up all night, i want sleep while i can get it

·
Registered
763 Posts
My bathroom is right next to my bedroom, so it's not the walking to it that I mind... it's just the waking up. :p Some nights a catheter sounds pretty freaking good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'll be your first customer!

But seriously, My EDD is the same as yours and it's just now starting to get better for me, getting up once or twice instead of three or four times. There is hope for you. (It gets worse again at the end, but we won't dwell on that now...)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldandsleepy View Post
My bathroom is right next to my bedroom, so it's not the walking to it that I mind... it's just the waking up. :p Some nights a catheter sounds pretty freaking good.
I have SO thought this very same thing...

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Sorry for crashing, but I've so been there.

We have a piss pot.
: For some reason we've always lived where our sleeping arrangement was far away from the toilet. First it was a loft where you had to go outside to get to the bathroom, then it was the third floor of my parents house and now we live up a loft ladder. There is just no way we're climbing up and down a ladder. So we keep a piss pot and empty it in the morning.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by flowers View Post
Sorry for crashing, but I've so been there.

We have a piss pot.
: For some reason we've always lived where our sleeping arrangement was far away from the toilet. First it was a loft where you had to go outside to get to the bathroom, then it was the third floor of my parents house and now we live up a loft ladder. There is just no way we're climbing up and down a ladder. So we keep a piss pot and empty it in the morning.

Well I don't have this same excuse...as our bathroom is right next to our bedroom, but seriously it feels miles away at 2am. and I ALWAYS bust my knee on the damn bed fumbling through the dark. Don't tempt me...

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Men get off so easy! When my dad broke his leg and hip he had what looked like a skinny plastic milk carton to pee into.

Hmm...what about those little mats that you get to potty-train puppies?

·
Registered
533 Posts

I don't mean to brag - but I sleep so deeply, that I do not even move all night long. In the morning -as soon as I wake up, I have to go to the bathroom as soon as possible, and then it takes long,long time to empty my bladder.

A friend of mine goes every 2 hours, and she hates me, right now.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Last night was the first night in ages that I slept through the night. I was in *pain* when I woke up this morning but it it was oh so worth it.

I hear you. Most nights I wake up 3 times, and normally end up waking hubby as well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KikaKika View Post

I don't mean to brag - but I sleep so deeply, that I do not even move all night long. In the morning -as soon as I wake up, I have to go to the bathroom as soon as possible, and then it takes long,long time to empty my bladder.

A friend of mine goes every 2 hours, and she hates me, right now.

And so do I

You are one lucky gal

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I am down to only peeing once a night the last week or so!!! Its great. . .but I am sure that on another month or two I will be back to every few hours and wishing I could sleep on the bathroom floor. At least it will be summer, so there won't be the horrible shock of leaving the warm bed for the cold toilet!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I used a bucket when I was pregnant

My bedroom was upstairs. Bathroom was downstairs. And I worked 2 jobs (80 hours/week). I just got out of bed, walked across the room and squatted in my bucket. And went right back to sleep. Dumped in when I got up later.

It worked

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ok on a serious note....if you really want they do have those bathroom seats that they use in hospitals/nursing homes. They are usually available at medical supply stores or for rental. They look like a chair w/arm rests but the seat is like a regular toilet seat with a removal bucket-pan. I needed to have one when I was hospitalized and it saved me the hassle of tracking to the bathroom.

they look like this, I've seen them rented at supply stores (oh course they are sterilized between people) for as much as $10 a month.
http://www.elitemedical.com/commodes.html

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've never been one to wake up in the night to have to pee-until being pregnant. How annoying! Thankfully I'm normally not a light sleeper, but certain nights I am now. The worst was 4x in one night, though i've also had nights with none (like the last few
). I've been unable to correlate it directly with water consumption either, very strange.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
One word: Depends

(I don't actually use them myself though
I have learned how to control how much I drink and why so that when i am up and about I pee more, and when I am ready to go to bed I only have to get up like 3 or 4 times.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.