Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-<br><br>
We never had a going to bed too late problem with my older child, so I can't even remember what we did. My youngest one goes to sleep between 8:30 and 9, which is not bad, but we'd like to synch it with his brother's 7:30 bedtime. What is your ritual for bedtime?<br><br>
We have tried to give him one (bath, feed fish, read book), but he is then awake for another hour plus. Any ideas?<br><br>
Chris

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sounds to me like he's trying to tell you that he isn't ready to sleep at 7:30. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but we were just away on the East Coast and I could get him down without a problem at 7:30 our time. Obviously it has something to do with DH and my awake energy, but we want to try a more solid bedtime routine. We don't let him CIO, but he is sleepy about 7:30, but then gets a bolt of NRG for another hour.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Could you wake him up a bit earlier in the morning? Or up a bit earlier from his afternoon nap? We never try to set my dd's bedtime and it can range anywhere from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. depending on when she got up and when she napped during the day.

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
My ds was a very easy sleeper; the only thing we did was put on pajamas about 45 minutes before bedtime. 20 minutes later, we'd put on some music and lie down to nurse, and 25 minutes after that he was sound asleep. He would even crawl into bed at 8 months by himself and wait for me to get there and nurse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts