Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is xposted in the childhood years.

Dd1 who is 5.5yrs old still wets the bed at night. Almost every single night. It hasn't ever been a big deal and I just figure she doesn't have that control yet. Both Dh and my little brother were bedwetters until 8-10yrs old. It's never been a big deal and I've never made a big deal out of it. But our dd2 who is 2.5 yrs old is completely dry day and night now and it's making dd1 feel bad. We've never made it a big deal at all, we've told her everyone is different and sometimes our bodies just aren't ready to stay dry at night until we're a little older. Dh has told her about some of his experience and we've told her her beloved uncle also wet. She's getting increasingly uncomfortable in her pullups. She's been wearing seventh generation pullups at night and we've had very few leaks until recently. For 8 nights in a row now she's wet so much that it comes out and soaks her and the bed that she's in. I'm trying so hard to have patience with it all but oh my gosh!!! I'm getting really tired of changing and washing the entire bedding every single day!I've woken up in a bad mood the past few days because of her climbing into bed with me all wet. She's in a bed right next to ours/pushed up to it.

So, has anyone tried anything that has helped their child? Anyone tried or use the alarms that are out there? We've tried waking her up a few times a night to pee but that's hit and miss whether she will and it doesn't seem to make a difference. What kind of overnight protection do you use? We avoid the "regular" overnights that are out there because they have such bad stuff in them. But obviously our pullups are not working anymore. She's a very thin 5yr old, she weighs 38lbs and the 4/5T ones are even a little big. So the pullups/pants for older kids are way too big.

Welcoming any suggestions. TIA!

·
Registered
227 Posts
There are pads you can buy that have fabric on top and plastic on the other side. I lay this pad on top of the bottom sheet, and my DS sleeps right on that.

If he is wet at night, I just pull the pad off, change his clothes, and put him back in his bed. That saves doing the whole bed in the morning.

You can also layer these, so if she wets the top, pull it off, and there will be another underneath.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3046050

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 2 youngest wetted the bed when they were in extremely deep sleeps. When I started putting them to bed XTRA early several nights in a row, it completely stopped. I also made sure that they pottied immediately before bed and slept without underwear (don't know why, but it worked!).

Not sure if that is your case, but it is the only thing that worked for us.

It can be so traumatic for little ones. I have a friend that still has issues with having wet the bed as a kid.

Good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
DD stopped wetting at night when we cut out subtle food allergens, for us gluten and dairy. Although those are two common ones, it could be anything. It helped with other stuff too--dark circles under her eyes, her tonsils got smaller, probably a few other subtle things that I'm forgetting. It's not allergies in the sense of traditional allergy testing, really it's an intolerance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.