Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hi Stephie:

Thanks for starting this thread. A few years ago, I bought a beautiful big jar of bee pollen in France from an organic farmer and brought it back as a present for my mom....who has yet to open the jar. So a couple of months ago, I requisitioned it with the intent to use up the expensive stuff...but have yet to open the jar. Didn't even consider any possible effects until your note, so I looked it up. Just a quick review of medical literature, bee pollen is mentioned in several medical textbooks (emergency, toxicology, pediatrics), as being a well known cause of severe, life- threatening allergic reactions. One paper also reports protracted hepatitis as a consequence of taking a particular herbal remedy for prostate problems; one of the ingredients is bee pollen.
So this is my plan: since I've not yet ingested bee pollen (to the best of my knowledge), I'll wait to after delivery to begin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.