Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello St. Louis.

I've been lurking around for the last few months and now maybemom is maybe 5 weeks.
I have been in denial about my lack of choice in this part of the country (I'm from Seattle) but now have to face it. I would prefer a homebirth, but I am considering travelling to the birth center in Columbia or trying to find an ok OB (last choice). I guess I am a bit of a dichotomy as I would like the triple screen, nuchal us, etc. but don't want anything to do with the hospital and western approach to birth.

I know many of you have midwife/homebirth recommendations for the St. Louis area but given the sensitive nature of the issue, have only PMd others with this info. SO..If you all wouldn't mind revisiting this issue with me, I would be very, very grateful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
I know of people who have driven to Columbia to have the baby at the birth center. Looking back, I'm not sure exactly how I would have gotten into the car in labor, but my baby came pretty quickly. I"m told that the ladies would get in the car in the very early stages of labor, when the rushes are still pretty easy.

The ladies at the birth center will do some of the newborn procedures for you, whichever ones you want. My DD got a vitamin K shot, but that was all. I'm actually still on the fence about that, because the hemorragic disease of the newborns scare me so much and don't vax otherwise so that was the only thing she got.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.