1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bamamom
Hi Punkmama!!!! How ya feeling??
hi bamamom, thanks for asking
im feeling... better today. i feel like im on a roller coaster going up and down. some minutes im annoyed by everything, the next i love everything :LOL i can feel that the baby has engaged and im crampy as hell, but nothing regular, nothing definite, kwim?

other than that it is so
hot hear in south texas. im terrified to get our next a/c bill. it's set on 75 right now and im sweating through my clothes. eeewww!!

how are you doing?

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I hear ya on the a/c, our air has been blowing nonstop since March!! Dd has been sleeping in long jammies cause her room gets so cold. and i've been annoyed lately too, at everything!! Dd is grumpy, running a low grade fever and acting up, and she knows I'm too fat to chase her! I am crrampy as well, but nothing else seems signifigant. I went over to the Diaper Fairy forum and got on the list, I seriously could use some nb dipes, I think we have all of 6!! I've spent an absolute fortune on shipping in the last month sending stuff out to mommas, but I can't stand to have stuff laying around that I can't use that someone else can use, ya know?? It's all part of nesting I guess. But I just can't sink a ton of money into nb dipes right now, not with the new baby about to pop it's way out!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Punkprincess... heheh i know what you mean about the heat. i was cleaning the bathroom this afternoon and was in jeans and a shirt. took off the shirt halfway through so i was in jeans and bra. then i decided that the jean were too much, so i put on a tank top over the bra, and well (TMI ALERT) that's how i still am. just wearing a bra and tank top. that's IT. hehehehehehehehe.

DH took a pic of me last night. I'm a bit disappointed that chubby face is coming back. i had lost a few pounds in the beginning and my face was one of the places it came from. but, not so bad. will get it uploaded here in a sec.

waiting for DH to come back with chinese. yum!!!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hi Ladies, I anticipate lots of new babies to celebrate this week
(mclisa and Sharon Anne for starters..)

I just took a nap from 4:30 to 5:30pm--who takes a nap at that time?? I felt like I had been drugged or something, I just could not keep my eyes open. And all I did today was rotate from the couch to the computer chair to the back deck to blow bubbles and play in the water table with the kids. I think just the act of breathing and staying conscious is too exhausting at the current moment.

Been feeling lots of BH today and low crampy feelings. I don't feel like my cervix is dilating but perhaps effacing? Either way, it's all good.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Pepper, i take a nap at that time....and any other time!! :LOL

Bama! I would welcome your company! (BTW it was deeelish.....)

OK!! I have pictures! We all like pictures! There are belly pics, some shower pics, cat pics.... take your pick! (Pun fully intended, I am such an English teacher nerd). Hope this link works...
http://www.snapfish.com/photolibrary/t_=20937843

Hmmm... high spirits, in the mood to clean.... will it be my time soon????

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sooo tired today too.
I did wake up early and I did work this morning, but when I woke up I was more tired than usual.
When I got home I found out dh and ds probably woke up after 9 and dh fell asleep on the sofa this afternoon. I wanted to hit him with a frying pan to wake him up.
Then he asked me to put my fingers through his hair and scratch his back. That makes me so mad; it makes me feel like I'm massaging Marge Simpson's sister's feet!
No one has given ME a backrub. Wah. Not like I asked for it or anything but it just seems like even though people are generally more "careful" with me, no one has asked if they can do anything special. *sniff*
I think this is probably because they think I would get angry at them, so this is my fault. But still.
I might go to the dump this week :LOL My son and I usually go every couple of weeks in the warmer months to collect coupons. It takes about 20 minutes and we get a HUGE bag full. That way we get duplicates and can get a lot of stuff for free. This week there was a bunch of coupons that I like to collect so rather than buy them off of ebay, you might just see a 9 months pregnant woman climbing over recycling at the dump this week. With her child. Maybe someone will drop money in a bucket for us if we bring one??? LOL!!!
We've gotten interesting things at the dump though. Once someone had left boxes and boxes of brand new children's books. We took a lot of them; that was a great find. It's amazing what people want to get rid of. And even more amazing when I find things like bank account statements or cancelled checks among the newspapers. I don't take those by the way

I also have a midwife appt on the 15th. I was half hoping not to make it (like have had the baby) because she lives in the city and I don't like driving there. I am usually not that concerned about driving downtown, but she's like in a neighborhood and it's not as easy to get in or out should I get lost. I'm not sure why she asked if I would go to her house, but it's actually alright with me. There's a different way to go that is more highway, but I need to figure it out before we go. Even though it may be longer I like it better.
So, I guess I'll talk about my mucous plug since that's our favorite subject. I think that mucous plugs don't come out unless they're messed with. Last go around mine DID come out partially, but this was either the day of or day after my ob stripped my membranes. Now I've been messing around trying to find my cervix, but nothing is happening with plugs. I can feel it in there though, that's pretty wild. It's like a sponge or something (what I think is the plug anyhow).
Well whatever. She'll come when she wants.
Oh I have a guess for this tot's weight. The number came to me in the shower tonight hehe... I say 7lb 3 oz. Tiny!!!!!! It's between that and no more than 8 pounds. I just can't imagine her being bigger than that.
I'm having some sharp cramps go down the back of my butt/leg and also in between each leg probably down to almost my knee. This happens at night and I've never had it before. For lack of a better way to describe it, it feels like the kind of cramp you get when you do the deed. Anyone else? It stops me in my tracks and really nothing pregnancy related has done that to me thus far. My sister is getting them too.
Speaking of my sister she has gotten fed up with the ob practice she's been seeing. No real reason to go into it since it can probably be figured out, but hopefully tomorrow she is going to call a group of midwives to see if they'll take her even though she's almost 37 weeks.
She wants to have the baby in the hospital so I think the next best thing for her is to go with some midwives who have ob back up if necessary to ease her mind. So keep your fingers crossed for her. I think it will make a big difference in her experience. Also keep your fingers crossed that she makes it to her lactation class. It's not for 2 weeks! She seems a little unsure (So was I, big time!) so having gone through the class will be really helpful even though I know I was overwhelmed when I took it.
She is reading "So That's What They're For" so that helps too!
I want to go to sleep!!!!
Tomorrow though I think I'm going to mow the lawn. DH has neglected it for weeks now and I have GOT to do it. I've never done it but really, how hard can it be? Pray for me girls.
I also had to get rid of lawn garbage that he put in our garbage can rather than bag up. It's been in the can for a month and of course the trash men won't take it. I bagged it up and you would have thought dead animals were in it or something. I am on a roll with yard stuff so maybe mowing will do me good!
I'll shut up now!
Karen

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
K one more thing and then I'll stop.
How's this for tmi--
I'm sooo freaking tired right now. It's not even 10. I go into the living room to ask dh if he can bathe my son (who hasn't been bathed in 2 days) and I can go to bed. He promptly falls asleep on the sofa.
Well I'd bathe him... but dh just took a monster #2 in the bathroom with the shower/tub and I don't think either of us could take it even if it was just a 5 minute bath.
And you know even if he did bathe him for me, I'm sure he'd forget to help him brush his teeth on the way to bed. He NEVER does this, and when I work in the mornings he does the same thing and doesn't brush ds's teeth. Then my little guy comes and talks to me all close when I get home and I nearly keel over from the breath.
Oh the humanity.
So gee thanks!!!!
I love men!!!!
That's it.
Good night.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi June mamas

I have been reading as I am feeding- but not much time for replies. Plus I don't have that one handed typing thing down to good yet.
Kanyon is doing good- he is a tempermental lil one. He knows what he wants and ya better have it right then and there or he will let the world hear him.

I have a crazy rash- my midwife says it might be from the drugs I had at the hospital. One more thing to remind me that my homebirth didn't go as planned.
I am torn up about it inside and know it is something I am going to have to work through eventually, but I just can't right now...

I wandered into Motherhood maternity at the mall today to look at their nursing wear and felt a pang of sadness when I looked at all the preggo clothes. I miss being pregnant! LOL Funny how 2 weeks ago I just wanted the baby OUT... I think I am just absoultely hormonal right now. My husband left tonight for a 2 day trip away and I started to cry when he hugged me goodbye. We take trips all the time away from each other for weeks sometimes and I never cry-
: Sigh... the joys of postpartum!

Anyways- just wanted to say hi and let you girls know I am still reading along... Wishing you all happy labor vibes! Lets welcome some new little ones into the world this week

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Karen, I am speechless
I don't know what to say!!!!

I have been having excrutiating pain in my lower abdomen and right between my legs. And the baby is moving and shoving and poking nonstop. I have been talking to it in an effort to comfort it. I get this feeling that it is desperate to come out and it's trying to find the right spot! Can anyone sympathize? This is the most it's moved in DAYS, and it is causing me so much pain. My dh hopes it breaks my water with it's fingernails!! :LOL

·
Registered
756 Posts
Mine has been moving like that too. Not really nonstop but when she gets going its crazy uncomfortable. I have to shift around and get her to stop b/c frankly it feels like she is trying to poke into my bottom. weird.......

ok i MUST go finish the bathroom. see you ladies tomorrow!!!!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yes, I can relate to the crazy movements, bamamom. Last night when I went to sleep I was lying on my right side and after a couple minutes the baby just went crazy--like it was in a bad position and was trying desperately to move so I got all freaked out and turned onto my left side thinking maybe it would be more comfortable for him..then the movements started again. I was literally gasping from the pain! It felt like he was trying to break free through my belly or something.

Hi westernskies, I think everyone has some degree of sadness over not being pregnant anymore after their baby is born. I remember trying to enjoy things that I had looked forward to at the end of my pregnancies like being able to eat normal-sized meals, laying on my stomach, not having to pee ever 30 minutes, getting my mobility back, etc. But I know I will miss being pregnant after my baby is born again which is why the aches and pains seem more tolerable to me now....plus, this is probably my last time to experience it

karen, you sure you wanna mow a lawn right now?

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
And FWIW, I personally enjoy mowing the grass now and then.......it's a sort of Southern tradition I guess. Who wouldn't want to get out in sweltering heat and push a mower?? Or for some folks, ride the John Deere lawn tractor??? For some of the ******** that live around me, riding their John Deere is like a rite of passage. Some of these folks start up before 730 am.

But here lately I admit there's been no mowing for me,,,, some guy does it. :LOL

1 - 20 of 198 Posts