Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dude, that is not easy actually to grow bell shaped flowers because they are mostly very weak flowers and need special conditions t grow. But there are many types of bell shaped flower in the world, so some of them are good for room vase. You have to put him on sunny place anyway, because it is a spring flower and it needs a lot of ultraviolet light. So strictly don`t recommend you to put them into dark place. And also watering should be moderate. Don't water them every day. 2-3 times a week would be enough, depends from the size of flower. I have at home siberian bell shaped flower. I really like them.
I want to grow in my garden

·
Registered
24,936 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,564 Posts
I like fritallaria flowers but, as a previous poster stated, they're a bulb and thus poisonous.

ETA:
It may also be easier for posters to give some ideas if they know in which climate zone you live. :smile:

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi everybody, it seems that this forum is so useful. Could you help me a little? How do you take care of your garden, your plants? I have no idea what to start with. I am a beginner gardener) I have recently moved into a new house with perfect place for picnics and sunbathing near the pool. But I don't know how to grow a nice green not very high grass. My mother told that I should read an article about best garden tips and devices. Could you advise me anything else?

·
Registered
24,936 Posts
Go to your library and ask if there are any copies old/new of Organic Gardening. It is a great magazine that has been around for 70 years. There are videos on YouTube to help you also.

Learn how to make a compost pile and maintain it.

That has helped me over the yrs.

Learn about some plants that like to grow w/other plants and which do not like other plants.

Lettuce and beets grow very well for the beginning gardener. Let us know.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/an-il...055e71357964587#isbn=0376035625&idiq=32890914

1 - 8 of 8 Posts