Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering another pregnancy, though I'm not pregnant now. I've had six babies, and my ligaments and etc are fairly stretched out. I was wondering if there was anything I could wear externally to sort of shore things up? I think it would help a lot of pain issues, but I'm also interested in helping to position the baby correctly.

How would I know if it was too tight for the baby? Just based on my own comfort? That is confusing to me because it's going to have to be tight to help hold anything in, which might be a bit uncomfortable for me.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Traditionally, Japanese mothers have worn a sarashi during pregnancy and after. I have one though it is a little long and can be cumbersome. I liked it during both my pregnancies on days when I felt really burdoned by the bump. I have yet to use it postpartum but I may use it the next time I take a walk; I've taken one walk and wished that I had worn it.

I ordered mine from a kimono retailer in Japan.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm considering another pregnancy, though I'm not pregnant now. I've had six babies, and my ligaments and etc are fairly stretched out. I was wondering if there was anything I could wear externally to sort of shore things up? I think it would help a lot of pain issues, but I'm also interested in helping to position the baby correctly.

How would I know if it was too tight for the baby? Just based on my own comfort? That is confusing to me because it's going to have to be tight to help hold anything in, which might be a bit uncomfortable for me.

Thoughts?
If it'd be dangerous for the baby, it'd be painful for you.

I suspect that the right amount of support will actually feel *more* comfortable than no support.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've seen ladies on thebabywearer.com who use a wrap or ring sling to support their stomach during the last trimester, I think it's a great idea and plan to try it, esp. after baby drops and I get all loose jointed. Then I'm going to try belly binding post partum this time too, hoping it'll really help =)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Love this topic!! I am in my 6th month of pregnancy, (3rd pregnancy, 4th baby ;-) ) and whenever I need to take a longish walk, do housework, or sit in the car for longer periods I bind my belly using an indian sari (because they are so pretty and I can match them to my clothing :grin:) like so:

It really helps with back pain and I can go on much longer without having to rest. I pull it a bit tighter than I normally would, just like with baby wearing, the fabric tends to get looser after a few minutes...

I will probably have yet another C section, and though I haven't been regular at wrapping post partum previously, I plan to be so this time. Will use sari again, and this technique

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk30lxHFLFM

Hope this helps!!!! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I loved my woven wrap in the late stages last time. I get to a point where I feel like the top of my belly is going to spit wide open, so I sort of "lift and bind" and it helps SO much. It also helps stabilize my pelvis and relieve my SPD pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts