Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

We have a 2 month old at home and where we live it's near miraculous to get a pediatrician or family doctor. We are new to the city too. So I went to 4 walk ins today in the hopes to have my little one seen. No one could see him for various reasons...from his age to them only doing telehealth. Anyway we may have to go to the ER but I thought I'd ask this question here too. My lo has a sore looking belly button. My midwife thought is just hadn't completely healed but we think it may be an infant belly button hernia. Does anyone have experience with a red kind bump that doesn't actually look like part of the belly button? Its not oozing or pussy or anything but it keeps scabbing but then because of where his diaper, clothes fit and his movement and just whatever rubbing it off it won't heal. Also in the meantime could we put something over it to help it heal? Or from getting rubbed? Like gauze etc? Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Concerned momma

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi, i know this is such a late reply but hernias can be quite common in babies, not sure if you dealt with the issue but if you think the hernia keeps returning then it will need hernia treatment by a medical professional. If you're worried you must always get proper advice, especially when it comes to your little baby:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts