Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm running out of time.

Tell me where to get my kit and get it quickly. I really want to do it before this Baby comes.

TIA

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Artistic grade plaster strips. You should be able to get them at Michael's or a craft store. It only takes about an hour to make, so you still have time! Use petroleum jelly on your belly -- and also, I had my dh and bff use saran wrap on my boobs so they wouldn't sag.

You can also pm Noelia, she gave me info on where to buy -- but I bought on eBay and it took like a week to get here.

My dh did fiberglass on the back of my cast to reinforce it, after it was dry.

Good luck!

To paint, prime it, and then use regular acrylic paint.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
if you don't have petroleum jelly olive oil works to or any oil at all

in high school i would do masks for anyone who wanted one so i did lots of mask making and always used vegetable oil. for harrier faced people i used a lot more than sooth faced people.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Not in your DDC (lurking from the November board
), but I just went to Michael's and got the plaster. It's called Rigid Wrap and comes in a long roll which you cut into 5 inch pieces or so. I helped a friend do one a few weeks ago and it came out great. Good luck!

·
Registered
831 Posts
saran wrap on the breasts - that's such a good idea!

My midwife suggested I do it in a colder room so that good nipple definition shows up. . .LOL. . . I daresay DP enjoyed that part!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK so I got my Belly cast kit in the mail today and am going to do it in the next couple days. I am soooooo excited!! Thanks for the tips Mamas!!

I'll post pics when its done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.