Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey August Mama's!

I was wondering if any of you are going to do a belly cast or had done one with previous pregnancies? I'm going to order the casting kit from proudbody.com. I'm pretty excited to do this! Have any of you ordered from them before? Did you decorate your belly, if so, how? I was going to keep it simple and do pastel colours and stencil her name and birth stats onto the belly.

Anyway, I was just curious if any of you had done one or were planning too!

·
Registered
556 Posts
We did one with DD and plan on doing one with this babe too. It was pretty easy. DP, not super crafty, was totally able to do it. I still haven't painted the one I did for DD, but hopefully I can paint DDs and the baby's casts at the same time. I might do winter and summer theme for each of them since DD was a winter baby and this one is a summer baby
orngtongue.gif

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have been thinking about doing it, but I am not crafty at all!!! So, I was searching online for someone who would come and do it...found couple..will be sending them email may be in couple of weeks later....I do wonder how much the charge will be! Depending on the charge, will do it..or won't.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by noorjahan View Post

I have been thinking about doing it, but I am not crafty at all!!! So, I was searching online for someone who would come and do it...found couple..will be sending them email may be in couple of weeks later....I do wonder how much the charge will be! Depending on the charge, will do it..or won't.
You could always offer to buy the kit yourself and then just pay them for labour? Perhaps that would help with the cost. I didn't know people would come do it. I don't know how comfortable I am with someone I only meet a couple of times seeing my boobs. I know I know silly as I'll be giving birth stark naked BUT...lol Good luck!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by earth-mama View Post

We did one with DD and plan on doing one with this babe too. It was pretty easy. DP, not super crafty, was totally able to do it. I still haven't painted the one I did for DD, but hopefully I can paint DDs and the baby's casts at the same time. I might do winter and summer theme for each of them since DD was a winter baby and this one is a summer baby
orngtongue.gif
Oh that'd be a fun way to do it! Are you going to hang them in the kids' room/s or somewhere else? I'm gonna hang my DD's in her room once we are all done with it. I was thinking of paiting the cast green and then stenciling flowers on it but leaving space for her name and stats. We're naming her Chloe and Chloe is Greek for verdant, blooming...hence the green and flower theme. =D

Yay! I'm getting really excited. Hubby nor I are very crafty but I think we can handle this, especially if we use stencils! At least I hope we can!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes I would like to hang them up once they are done. I helped one of my friends paint her belly cast; we did a simple design and some stenciling. It turned out great!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh by the way, what kind of paint did those of you who have done castings before use? I see proudbody.com has a specific decorating kit, it's $15 and includes: 8 jars permanent acrylic paint, 1 fl. oz. ea.

--pink, light blue, light green, pastel yellow, lavender, light orange, white & black
• One 2-inch wide foam paint brush
• One 1-inch wide foam paint brush
• Two small detail bristle paint brushes
• Colorful Instruction Sheet & Decorating Ideas

Is the paint kit worth it or should I just go to the store and buy supplies? It might figure out to be close in price I'm thinking...

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Ana View Post

You could always offer to buy the kit yourself and then just pay them for labour? Perhaps that would help with the cost. I didn't know people would come do it. I don't know how comfortable I am with someone I only meet a couple of times seeing my boobs. I know I know silly as I'll be giving birth stark naked BUT...lol Good luck!
LOL actually I'm planning on doing sans boobs....only belly...I have seen one without the boobs on google image and liked it!

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Ana View Post

Are you going to hang them in the kids' room/s or somewhere else? I'm gonna hang my DD's in her room
I never did mine. That was my main question about them. I've seen so many pretty ones, but... what the heck do you do with it once it's done??
lol.gif
I'm gonna hang mine in my daughter's room and then if she ever out grows it, I'll just hang it in our entertainment room. I'm guessing there are kids out there though that would want to keep it for themselves, otherwise I would guess that most parents just keep em hanging up at home.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I really want to get a belly cast, but I've been asking myself what will I do with it after. We have someone local who does them, and does beautiful artwork. I'm willing to pay for it, but I just don't want it to end up as something that sits in a closet. But, I figure maybe I should do it since this is my first and I can't go back and get a re-do. I can always decide to not do it with a later child if I end up not knowing what to do with the first one!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I plan on hanging DD's (when I finally get it painted) and the new babe's in DD's room. Then she and the babe can keep them if they want or I will keep them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.