Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Has anyone else tried belly dancing for exercise? I'm thinking of starting a class on Tuesday. I need to find a good way to keep getting exercise since the snow and ice have been cutting down on my daily walks, and the college where I swim laps will be closing for the holiday break soon.. Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
294 Posts
<p>I LOVE belly dancing!  I have the Goddess Workout series and it is awesome.  Fun and fitness at the same time.  I can't do it now with my SPD but I think it would be a great pregnancy workout because it strengthens back and abdominal muscles.  Plus it is just so GIRL POWER.</p>

·
Registered
824 Posts
<p>I ADORE belly dancing! It's awesome for prenatal exercise, too. So many of the moves work just the muscles that need to be strengthened and stretched during pregnancy. Many of the moves are also designed to move baby into optimal position.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have never taken a class but would love to. I have a couple of the Neena and Veena videos, which teach some basic belly dance movements but don't really teach how to put them together into a dance. They still make a good workout. I recently saw they have a prenatal dvd out now, but I don't have it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What i do have is <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=motheringhud-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FPrenatal-Bellydance-Naia%2Fdp%2FB000E6GDXS" rel="norewrite" target="_blank">Prenatal Bellydance</a> by Naia, which I really really like. If you aren't familiar with belly dance movements it might be challenging, but that's coming from me who is extraordinarily challenged in the movement and rhythm department LOL</p>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Thank you!! I'm going to try the class tomorrow night, and if I like it maybe I will check out that DVD also. :)</p>

·
Registered
824 Posts
<p>Awesome :) let us know what you think and how the class goes!</p>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<p>I bought a 6-week series starting in January. I already have done an intro course and think it really loosens up my tight muscles. Have fun!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts