Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I need opinions. Which is the best breast milk storage bag? I will be pumping as a donor and want to make sure nothing leaks during shipping or after.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had 4 boxes of gerber seal n go bags but after reading the absolutley horrible reviews about them on Amazon I decided to donate them to a woman who will not need the for long term storage.  I am wondering which brand is the sturdiest.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA ladies.</p>

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
lansinoh, lansinoh, lansinoh.<br><br>
You will still find some poor reviews, but they are good for the most part. They hold more milk, and are easy to use and thaw. The medela ones are just plain awful. They are 'shaped' like a bottle (wtf?) and very difficult to pour into.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Thanks. I read good things about the Lansinoh but wasn't sure if Medela was better. I will buy them now. They are on sale at Amazon.com right now for 1/2 price anyway. You can get 75 bags for just $15 which seems like a good price.</p>

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<p>I like the Lanisoh ones--they hold 6 ounces (and, truth be told, for others who may be reading this who don't need to ship: they hold up to about 9-10 if all you're doing is storing them in the fridge for a day or two since they don't need the expansion room), freeze flat, and are WAY cheaper. If you need to pump directly into the bags, then the Medela bags are designed to do that--but I've rigged the Lanisoh bags and some tape to do the same thing. There's also a double zipper to guard against leaks.</p>

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
oh god. I forgot how awful the medela ones are for freezing flat. And the whole 'pump straight into the bag' is a joke.' One of my horns still has yellow bits on it from when I tried that.<br><br>
If you can't tell, I'm still bitter about those expensive bags.

·
Registered
850 Posts
<p>lansinoh!</p>

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
<p>Lansinoh. And oh, how many many I have used. Very efficient space storage too in the freezer. And I have shipped them without problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Lansinoh also makes the best disposable breast pads.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The medela hands frees are fine too but much more expensive. And you can use a piece of masking tape on a lansinoh bag or other if you forget bottles or don't have clean ones.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts